Thread: hellllp

Default hellllp

my v2 flash scan has stoped conecting to my computer it wont let me do anything any ideas on what it is

More info:

Do the LED's on the V2 flash (if so, which LED's)...?

Does this happen in standalone/BBx mode, or in laptop/pass-thru mode...?

What is your V2 firmware version/date...?

Did you recently upgrade the software/firmware, or did the problem just start happening...?

no no leds flash after the v2 boots up the v2 connects to the truck fine an works bbut wont connect to the laptop an in the efilive control center in the firmwire tab the info is all blank an i cant get it to respond i updated the software to the v7 an v8 an it all worked once now it wont at all
    rollin coal

From your desktop do this:
    - go Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Tools->USB Manager,
    - click Uninstall USB Drivers,
    - click Install USB V2.02.04.

i installed the v2 02 04 an it still isnt showing anything in the firmwire info
    rollin coal

Do you see the FlashScan device appear (and disappear) from 'Device Manager'? it should appear under the 'Universal Serial Bus controllers' section.

When powered from USB only does the device boot normally, to the menu? If so then the drivers are likely loaded correctly. When the drivers are not loaded the USB port shouldn't provide the 500 mA required for V2 to boot.

Lastly. Where are you attempting to view the device info (i.e. in V7 or V8 software)? If you ave very old 2.04x series device firmware then the V8 software will not see the device (firmware is incompatible).
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Have you used a different USB port?
    Have you tried a different USB cable?
    If you another computer install the software and try it on it or if you can use a friends computer to try to see if it will work.
    If you goto the Control Center under Device Manager after you have plugged in the Flashscan V2 does it register in the USB bus?

Brian
    2007.5 GMT-900 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CC/LB LTZ 4x4 Summit White.
    With the LMM Duramax 365hp/660tq, MW7 Allison 1000 6-speed
    EFILive LMM DSP5 Settings, 500HP, 450HP, 400HP,Tow with Turbine Brake, and Stock HP.

UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN - Remember if you want to play you got to pay.