Thread: Timing calculator for Cummins but not Duramax in tune tool.. what gives?!

Default Timing calculator for Cummins but not Duramax in tune tool.. what gives?!

where is the built-in timing calculator for us dmax users that made efilive what it is today? I'm a little disappointed that it has been brought to the cummins first.

Quote Originally Posted by Black6spdZ View Post
    where is the built-in timing calculator for us dmax users that made efilive what it is today? I'm a little disappointed that it has been brought to the cummins first.
    that's because we know how to use Excel.

well actually i love the idea.

Jason
    2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
    285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

Sold - 2004 LB7 Duramax, EFI Live with DSP5 Tune
    stage 4 SC transmission, 265/70/16 tires

OR......Hey EFILive, I noticed that the Cummins ECM's have the calculator built in to V7.5, any plans on offering that for the Duramax?
    Sure, we plan on doing that, it's a little trickier on the Duramax though because it's over 3 ECM types that are not the same like Cummins. We are trying to focus on getting a stable release out that will hold as the version cut to CD's etc, the timing calculator requires a lot of testing and software changes so we didn't want to risk 'breaking' anything. Just keep in mind, a lot of our Cummins beta testers have been using EFILive on Duramax's from day one, it's not like Duramax is out of the loop in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by LB72004 View Post
    that's because we know how to use Excel.
    Well in a way that is why the Cummins got it first, you Duramax guys are used to using it in Excel, there was nothing at all for the Cummins.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The DMax excel calculator has been out for years.. surely enough time to have this pretty valuable tool incorporated by now.. and yes there is a Cummins excel calculator as well.. from what I read it was the basis of what was used to add it to EFILive. I can understand EFILive branching out to Dodge because future DMax tuning looks pretty hopeless, but there's no reason to completely stop adding new things for the older Dmax trucks.. especially now that the price has been hiked for the excact same functionality as years past.

The DMax excel calculator has been out for years.. surely enough time to have this pretty valuable tool incorporated by now..
    It was never thought of from our end to put the Dmax calculator in to the software, a beta tester suggested we incorporate it for the Cummins before everyone got used to using an Excel version, so we did. I'll repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    it's a little trickier on the Duramax though because it's over 3 ECM types that are not the same like Cummins. We are trying to focus on getting a stable release out that will hold as the version cut to CD's etc, the timing calculator requires a lot of testing and software changes so we didn't want to risk 'breaking' anything.
    So now the concept of putting it in the software for the Duramax has been thrown around we will do it, but not until we have a software release stable enough to distribute.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

So now the concept of putting it in the software for the Duramax has been thrown around we will do it, but not until we have a software release stable enough to distribute.
    that's why we love you guys, always looking out for your customers
    2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
    285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

Sold - 2004 LB7 Duramax, EFI Live with DSP5 Tune
    stage 4 SC transmission, 265/70/16 tires