Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backup your PCM??? Maybe!

I just installed headers and removed the cats. I installed the rear O2 sensors only and used adaptors to connect them to the front cables. Could this cause the hidden code? I haven't changed anything in the PCM, it's still the stock program.
    I had a Hypertec program installed but removed it when I went to FlashScan.

Can a battery charger be used while scanning to keep the voltage up? With the key on,the running lights come on and while I'm in the learning mode, it takes me a while.

Thanks, Curt
    99C5, mn6, Vortec T trim, Snow meth injection, AFR 205s, ARP studs,Comp 224*112*+2*.580", YellaTerra RRs, PRC Ti's w/dbls, Supermaxx LTs, No Cats, Corsa Indys, LS6Intk, Hurst, Fikse Aro18"s. Pilot Sports 315/30,265/35, 04ZO6 Shocks Hotchkis bars, EBC YellowStuff pads, SS hoses, LM-1, EFILive, 2002 OS. RPS dual disc Clutch, DTE Strut Brace & output shaft.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by curtbriggs
    I just installed headers and removed the cats. I installed the rear O2 sensors only and used adaptors to connect them to the front cables. Could this cause the hidden code? I haven't changed anything in the PCM, it's still the stock program.
    I had a Hypertec program installed but removed it when I went to FlashScan.

Can a battery charger be used while scanning to keep the voltage up? With the key on,the running lights come on and while I'm in the learning mode, it takes me a while.

Thanks, Curt
    Anything related to emissions (O2's are emissions related) will always show up in EFILive. The only codes that won't show up are codes from modules EFILive does not know about. All emissions codes are stored in the PCM.

Yes you can use a battery charger while scanning, I do whenever I am scanning with key-on, engine off.

Regards
    Paul

I just received my Flashscan yesterday. I read the PCM on my 99 C5 and I am getting the same things happening as mentioned here. I clear the DTC's and then when I turn the ignition off they come back saying reduced power, tire monitor problem, active handling problem. When I disconnected the battery, things seemed OK.

However, I took the car out for a drive and now the active handling won't turn off when I push the button. I wonder if the active handling "module" is the one that isn't being seen? Like I said, I just received the Flashscan so I will try some of the things suggested and play around with it a little more. I will disconnect the battery tonight and see if that brings back the active handling.

George E.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12