Thread: help i cant get v2 to communicate at all to 07 6.2 liter escalade

Default help i cant get v2 to communicate at all to 07 6.2 liter escalade

help i cant get v2 to communicate at all to 07 6.2 liter escalade. dead screen. scanner works with 04 suburban 8.1,, and 01 suburban 8.1, . i get no power at link maybe 1 or 2 leds flashing but nothing for data or even boot up @ screen when plugged in to dlc. what am i doing wrong?

Sounds like a wiring/connector problem between the V2 OBD2 cable and the vehicle OBD2 connector.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rubber View Post
    help i cant get v2 to communicate at all to 07 6.2 liter escalade. dead screen. scanner works with 04 suburban 8.1,, and 01 suburban 8.1, . i get no power at link maybe 1 or 2 leds flashing but nothing for data or even boot up @ screen when plugged in to dlc. what am i doing wrong?
    Hello Rubber,

Your 2004 Suburban uses VPW communications. Pin 2 of the DLC / OBD-II port connects to PCM Serial Data communications.

Your 2007 Escalade uses a combination of Serial Data and GMLAN (CanBus) communications. Pin 6 of the DLC / OBD-II port connects to the High Speed GMLAN +, and pin 14 connects to the High Speed GMLAN - circuits.

In trucks, 2007 was a transitional year. The "classic" trucks used the older VPW communications - and corresponding DLC ports.

If you are trying this with a bench top harness - odds are your DLC port is incorrectly wired for GMLAN communications.

Regards,
    Taz

EDIT: If you are actually using a V1 (not a V2) these will not communicate with GMLAN controllers.
    Last edited by Taz; March 5th, 2012 at 06:11 AM. Reason: - additional info

gentleman, thank you for replies.. i ve been thinking @ it on dog walk and thought that there is no power @ dlc so i am checking now....the cig. lighter is dead ...and i remembered the dealer sliced out the hot windshield washer fluid for their recall for the things burning up, i think they maybe pulled fuse, or the dlc lacks power. going to check source power then , check power at dlc, then i will check scanner..started to track down and argh dealership techs are hacks, the power wires they cut are not even capped. Do not get your vehicles worked on by knight gmc in plattsburgh. they will always leave you chasing the problems they "create". i am going to get schematics and get V2 on this somehow. thanks again .. Bub. p.s the fact that acron scan tool will not work either helps me come to this hypothesis....

found this too : in case anyone else has this prob...

The DLC is the "data link connector". It is a 16 pin connector under the dash that the scan tool connects to.
    The pins are standardized and numbered and each pin has an assigned duty. Pin 16 is always power and pins 4 and 5 are always ground. Pin 16 is wired electrically into the cigar lighter circuit. The cigar lighter circuit fuse is in the underhood fuse block near the driver's area usually towards the rear and outboard side. Look at the cover and you should be able to find it.
    On Escalade the proximity of the cigar lighter socket to the place people toss coins causes this A LOT. Be sure there are no coins in the cigar lighter, replace the fuse and that should restore operation of any scan tool.

Dang it i just got the fix. i had 10.5 volts @ the fuse /pin 16......Bad 20 amp fuse, switched and scanner (and lighter)now work.... yeah.. Anyone have a a nice tune for my caddie escalade 6.2l 07?

rubber, thanks for updating.