Thread: Moddifying Throttle Open Rate Limits

Default Moddifying Throttle Open Rate Limits

I really don't know much about tuning especially not gassers.. but I did a little on the transmission so I already have the VIN licensed for my dad's Yukon so I thought I might as well try to fix another complaint my mom has about it. The really touchy throttle. I know on the diesels you can easily modify that with the fuel limits per throttle percent. Can I modify the Throttle Open Rate Limits to do the same thing or should I not mess with the table? What are the limits if I do mess with it?
    '06 2500 Cummins 4x4, Billet Trans, Airdog 150, working on tuning with EFI Live!

There are tables for modifying the DBW throttle response... but beware, editing these tables may cause the ECM to brick itself.

You need guidance from someone who has some experience in this (which isn't me).

B6612 is the " ETC pedal TQ limit reduction " table
    Used to limit the percentage of electronic throttle control (ETC) opening for a given torque reduction percentage.
    ** CAUTION ** Setting this too high can cause the throttle to stay open when you lift off the pedal."
    I wouldn't mess with it On older DBW cars there seems not to be a problem but on newer ones say from 06 on changing this table will make the throtttle stick wide open for a coouple seconds AFTER lifting and wil scare you to death very dangerous !!
    Even if you could somehow make the throttle work slower or faster then the way it is -- Why would you change it-- too fast and the rest of the tune wouldn't be able to carch up fast enough and you'd get a stumble or bog
    Too slow--dangerous if you are in a "must pass now " situation