Thread: Question about My Autocal

Default Question about My Autocal

I received my autocal unit from Idaho Rob last night. First step is to copy the stock tune from my truck to the Autocal and email to Rob for tuning. Well the first time I tried it error-ed, don't remember the code but I unplugged the cable from the data link and tried again. This time it worked and began copying the info. Well when it was done my radio and door chimes were gone. Wouldn't work, I checked all fuses and found no bad ones so finally I disconnected the batteries for a min or two and when I hooked em back up the radio now works fine. Any clue what caused this??
    03 Chevy LB7 Duramax CC/LB 4x4
    4" MBRP Straight Pipe
    EFI Live via Autocal tuned by Idaho Rob!!

When reading or writing the ECM, the other modules on the serial bus can't talk among themselves, so you get symptoms like you described.

So should I do something to prevent it? When I had my bullydog programmer I had to pull the radio fuse and 3 others under the hood, should I do that with the Autocal when using it for programming?
    4" MBRP Straight Pipe

No, it shouldn't need to have that done. However, the Duramax's (LLY especially, though I see you have an LB7) are very, very fussy about what is also on the communications bus. We've heard too many times about aftermarket iPod adaptors, XM radio adaptors that are wired in to the communications bus being the source of the problem. You shouldn't need to pull fuses, however, if you have any such devices on your truck then disconnect them before using EFILive or pull the fuse that powers them, typically they get wired in to the radio circuit.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ok ill pull the radio fuse next time. I have a aftermarket radio with adapter and a steering wheel control module for it that uses that data line. I gotta question for ya lol. Can I make my autocal change the display on my dic to show "TUNED WITH EFI LIVE" like in your avatar when I turn on the key instead of driver 1or driver 2?I think its sweet lol
    4" MBRP Straight Pipe