Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Release Candidate 10 (updated), Mar 21, 2012

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Release Candidate 10 (updated), Mar 21, 2012

Release Candidate 10 of the EFILive V7.5 and V8 software is available for download.
    Although we've released this software as a release candidate version, we believe that it is ready for production use. If you use this software and something fails please inform us immediately so we can fix it asap.
    If the issue is minor, post the issue in this thread. If the issue is major please start a new thread and post a link to the new thread in this thread.

(All we ask is that you make allowances for the time difference between you place and ours - sometimes it will work in your favor, sometimes you may need to wait. We are currently 3 hours behind the US west coast time. So we will be online checking for issues from about 11:30am to 10:00pm US west coast time.)

Please familiarize yourself with the updates that have been made in all RC versions. You may need to manage the differences between this RC10 release and whatever public release your customers may be using. Including helping them to convert their existing *.ctd files to *.ctz files. See the section below under the *.ctd v's *.ctz file format heading, it explains the automatic conversion tools available to help you and your customers convert those files.

We do not plan on releasing any more RC versions. We plan for this RC10 to be the stable release that will go live some time later this month.

Auto Update:

This latest release candidate uses a new installer from Indigo Rose that is not compatible with the current public release V7.5 and V8 software that has been installed with the QSetup installer.
    The RC10 installer will automatically check for and uninstall incompatible versions of EFILive. In previous RC updates some user data (such as registration details) was accidentally being overwritten. This RC10 installer attempts to backup and restore that user data so that it is not lost. However, we also recommend backing up your \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5 folder prior to installing RC10. That way if any files do get overwritten or deleted, you can always restore them from your backup copy.

The new installer supports auto updating but it will not be enabled until the full public release of the EFILive software.
    For now, please download and install this release candidate using the links below.

Manual download/install available here:

Important information
    Boot block and Firmware updates
    Please update your FlashScan and AutoCal boot blocks to V2.07.04 (Dec 13, 2011) and the firmware to V2.07.25 (Mar 21, 2012).
    The boot block update fixes a problem with AutoCal's LCD in low temperatures.
    After updating to firmware V2.07.25, you will no longer be able to revert back to an earlier version of the firmware.

*.ctd v's *.ctz file format
    *.ctd (calibration tune data) files are no longer supported by the latest FlashScan and AutoCal firmware. The new file format supported by FlashScan and AutoCal is *.ctz (calibration tune zip) files. The V7.5 and V8 software will continue to allow you to open/read *.ctd files but you can only save files in the new *.ctz file format. This is only a concern for tuners that are sending tune files to their customers. If you want to send *.ctz files to your customers, then your customers must also have the latest V7.5 and V8 software installed and must also have their FlashScans and AutoCals updated with the latest firmware.

We have added an auto conversion feature in the V8 Scan and Tune software that will automatically convert all the *.ctd files to *.ctz files in any folder (and sub-folders) that you select. You can also automatically convert all the *.ctd files to *.ctz files on a FlashScan or AutoCal device. Look for the F8: Tools option in the main Scan and Tune window.

Script Files (i.e. *.obj files used to read/flash the controllers - not to be confused with script files that are used to automate calibration updates)
    Script files have been updated. The latest script files should be copied to FlashScan/AutoCal devices.

Known Issues:
    Issue #1
    Attempting to read a CMB/CMC controller using standalone reading (BBR) when no vehicle is connected to FlashScan/AutoCal may cause FlashScan/AutoCal to hang. In that case you should power cycle FlashScan/AutoCal to regain control.
    Issue #2
    Sometimes the fields on the "Security Restrictions" panel in the "F3: Tune" -> "F4: Properties" window are not visible - select another panel, then re-select the "Security Restrictions" panel to make them visible again.
    Issue #3 (Added March 12)
    The E78 virtual VE calibrations have not been included in this RC10. We are still finalizing that controller. As soon as they are ready the *.calz files needed for E78 VVE support will be made available for download.

Reporting Issues:
    If you discover any problems/faults, please make a note of them in this thread.
    For urgent or complicated issues, please create a support ticket here: http://support.efilive.com

What's new in this update:
    For a description of previous updates, please see the original RC10 release thread here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....10-Mar-11-2012

Changes in this update:

• Fixed LLY full-flash failing when performed in a truck.
    • Fixed LBZ/LMM full-flash randomly failing with $0322 error.
    • Added required support files for full-flashing E54 (LB7) and LS1B controllers to the V8 installation. They had been accidentally left out of the original RC10.
    • Fixed Dash Page A gauges being non-responsive during logging/playback.
    • Fixed security flags being set incorrectly when saving *.ctz with V7 (also when saving for AutoCal).
    • Changed AutoCals to allow the "FS2 LINK" message to be cancelled so that the device can be used/configured prior to linking.
    • Added some new DTC descriptions.
    • Added E39 VVE calibrations and updated support to include all 2012 models.

Regards
    The EFILive Development Team
    Last edited by Blacky; March 29th, 2012 at 11:23 AM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thank you for the update installing right now

when will supprt for 2012 e78? i read a 2012 silverado and the efilive tune tool says unrecognized pcm. i did a few 2011's but i did not know the 2012 was not supported, or different?
    any guess on when they will be supported?

thanks

So is this what a consumer needs to download and install into our Autocal for full flashing of LB7 for DSP 5 support?? Or is there a more "official" release coming I should wait for? If this is it could you post step by step instructions for me to update mine and get my truck flashed to use a DSP switch so I don't screw it up lol. Thanks!!
    03 Chevy LB7 Duramax CC/LB 4x4
    4" MBRP Straight Pipe
    EFI Live via Autocal tuned by Idaho Rob!!

Quote Originally Posted by boaty3 View Post
    So is this what a consumer needs to download and install into our Autocal for full flashing of LB7 for DSP 5 support?? Or is there a more "official" release coming I should wait for? If this is it could you post step by step instructions for me to update mine and get my truck flashed to use a DSP switch so I don't screw it up lol. Thanks!!
    Although most of the bugs are worked out of this software, I would wait for the official release of this version.

Ok, sounds good. Thank you!
    03 Chevy LB7 Duramax CC/LB 4x4
    4" MBRP Straight Pipe
    EFI Live via Autocal tuned by Idaho Rob!!

Quote Originally Posted by q8tech View Post
    when will supprt for 2012 e78? i read a 2012 silverado and the efilive tune tool says unrecognized pcm. i did a few 2011's but i did not know the 2012 was not supported, or different?
    any guess on when they will be supported?

thanks
    Been working on those most of last week and this week, should be finished by the weekend, this will also include the 2012 Cruze, Sonic etc also using the E78.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Been working on those most of last week and this week, should be finished by the weekend, this will also include the 2012 Cruze, Sonic etc also using the E78.
    im sorry but how will it work? once you guys compelete, do i donwload the software again ? i am fairly new to efilive

thanks

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by q8tech View Post
    im sorry but how will it work? once you guys compelete, do i donwload the software again ? i am fairly new to efilive

thanks
    Download again once we post up the update.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Important informationBoot block and Firmware updates
    Please update your FlashScan and AutoCal boot blocks to V2.07.04 (Dec 13, 2011) and the firmware to V2.07.25 (Mar 21, 2012).
    The boot block update fixes a problem with AutoCal's LCD in low temperatures.
    After updating to firmware V2.07.25, you will no longer be able to revert back to an earlier version of the firmware.
    bootblock 2.07.04 shows Dec 12, 2011 on mine

firmware 2.07.25 shows the correct date of Mar 21, 2012

Thanks for the update!
    2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast