Thread: Need help doing a crank relearn on a 07 impala

Default Need help doing a crank relearn on a 07 impala

I have the autocal and downloaded the free efilive software. But does it let you do a crank relearn? If so, can anybody tell me step by step on how to do this. I am a newbie so any help would be appreciated.

Lifetime Member

I dont know if an AutoCal will let you do it, but try these steps anyway. First, make sure your car is fully warmed up, if the coolant temperature is less than 185F then it will not work.

Connect the AutoCal to the vehicle and to your laptop. Open the V7.5 Scan tool, click the green button in the upper left corner, select the correct ECM (refer to the Supported Vehicles page or select the correct ECM if you know, GM used a bunch of ECMs in the Impala over the years). Click OK and let the scan tool connect to your vehicle. Now click the DVT (F12) tab, select the correct ECM in the dropdown, and click Activate. Then click the ECM Setup tab, and finally click the C.A.S.E. button. (The screen should say OK below the Activate/Deactivate buttons.) Within 10 sec of pressing this button, rev the engine to ~4000rpms until the fuel cutoff occurs (you will hear/feel the engine stumble), immediately let off the gas and let the engine return to idle on its own. Click Deactivate, then shut the car off for 30 seconds.

If you have an E37, Id try using the E38 controller for connecting and DVTs first then try the E67.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    I dont know if an AutoCal will let you do it, but try these steps anyway. First, make sure your car is fully warmed up, if the coolant temperature is less than 185F then it will not work.

Connect the AutoCal to the vehicle and to your laptop. Open the V7.5 Scan tool, click the green button in the upper left corner, select the correct ECM (refer to the Supported Vehicles page or select the correct ECM if you know, GM used a bunch of ECMs in the Impala over the years). Click OK and let the scan tool connect to your vehicle. Now click the DVT (F12) tab, select the correct ECM in the dropdown, and click Activate. Then click the ECM Setup tab, and finally click the C.A.S.E. button. (The screen should say OK below the Activate/Deactivate buttons.) Within 10 sec of pressing this button, rev the engine to ~4000rpms until the fuel cutoff occurs (you will hear/feel the engine stumble), immediately let off the gas and let the engine return to idle on its own. Click Deactivate, then shut the car off for 30 seconds.

If you have an E37, Id try using the E38 controller for connecting and DVTs first then try the E67.
    I was told with the autocal and the EFI live that I can do a crank relearn. Do you know anybody that has?

Default Can you do a case relearn with the autocal and efi live

I have the autocal and I can download the free version of efi live, but will this combo let you do a case relearn? I have a 2007 chevy impala with the 3.5 v-6. Anybody have any good instructions on how to do this, if this can be done? Thanks

Merged threads...

I'm in the process of finding out if AC can be used (with the V7 scantool) to perform CASE relearn (and any of the DVT functions).

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

AutoCal is designed to work the same as FlashScan when used with the EFILive V7.5 Scan Tool software. So yes you can perform a CASE learn and all the other bi-directional controls using AutoCal.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks Paul.