Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: connection to the tcm/tcu on a 2006 traiblazer ss

Default connection to the tcm/tcu on a 2006 traiblazer ss

I seem to have no to way to look at the trasmission control module at all with my efi live and I am having serioius shifting issues with the 4l70e thats in it. I went with EFI live years ago because it was supposed to be better than hp tunner. I found a friend that says he tunes the tcm in these trailblazers all the time and he is using HP tuners So my question is am I overlooking a way to get into the tcm with efi live or am I gonna have to haul the truck over an hour away to my buddy with hp tunner???

If your V7/V8 software and V2 firmware is up to date you should be able to edit/tune T42/T43.

Yeah thanks so much for the help, I have never had to switch controllers like this before but I had a good friend that got me into tuning call me right before i read your reply and he said the same thing. Now I just hope I can get some helpful info off of it so I know how to proceed with repairing the truck.

What is your V2 firmware version...?

What are the build versions of your installed V7 and V8 software...?

Ya know, il not sure what the firmware is I know I just did an update like a month ago though. Anyways I was able to get into the TCM and its saying solenoid D is bad. Anyone know which one that is?

Lifetime Member

Its the same in all 4L60/65/70Es but I dont know which one it is. Its probably easier to replace both and maybe the wiring harness when you drop the pan, I think the solenoids arent that expensive.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Solenoid D would be inside the 6L80/6L90... you will need the Service Manual.

I wish I had a 6L something lol but no this is a 4L70 in my 2006 trailblazer SS. I know there are inside and I have replaced them in 4l60's and 65's but they are identical so it's hard to know which one it is. Ill probably just change em both.

Then it's sol A or B, like Erik said, they look identical and are cheap enough to replace both.

I noticed something else while watching my data just now also. Only first and second gears show up in the data. It shows them correctly on the dash but in efi live its like the computer isn't seeing me shift into 3rd or 4th. Any ideas on that one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast