Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HPT has announced LS2/MPVI available this month

Default HPT has announced LS2/MPVI available this month

Being an ex-HPT customer I was waiting to hear details before repurchasing HPT or switching to EFILive. Now that the HPT guys have announced details, I'm more interested in EFILive.

The one trump card that HPT had over you guys is the unlimited year/model licensing. However, when they added LS2/7 vehicles, the unlimited license costs significantly more than a single VIN. They have implimented a credit system where individual Gen3 vehicles are 2 credits and unlimited year/model is 6. LS2 and LS7 (Gen4) are 4 credits each and unlimited is 20! You get 8 credits on initial purchase and can purchase more at $49 each.

So, what are the thoughts of EFI users? There are quite a few HPT users who aren't pleased with the new licensing scheme. I feel that was the one thing that made them different. I think they leveled the playing field all on their own.

-Matt
    1970 Corvette LS1/T56
    2005 GTO LS2/T56

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter70
    Being an ex-HPT customer I was waiting to hear details before repurchasing HPT or switching to EFILive. Now that the HPT guys have announced details, I'm more interested in EFILive.

The one trump card that HPT had over you guys is the unlimited year/model licensing. However, when they added LS2/7 vehicles, the unlimited license costs significantly more than a single VIN. They have implimented a credit system where individual Gen3 vehicles are 2 credits and unlimited year/model is 6. LS2 and LS7 (Gen4) are 4 credits each and unlimited is 20! You get 8 credits on initial purchase and can purchase more at $49 each.

So, what are the thoughts of EFI users? There are quite a few HPT users who aren't pleased with the new licensing scheme. I feel that was the one thing that made them different. I think they leveled the playing field all on their own.

-Matt
    We are EFILive users for a very good reason.

Care to elaborate?
    1970 Corvette LS1/T56
    2005 GTO LS2/T56

Lifetime Member

The constant customer support, the interface is way better, BB logging a standard, new/useful features added all the time, custom operating systems for both LS1 and Diesels and many more thngs comming down the pipe esp with their new cable comming out that will support Ls2 vehicles. IMHO there is no resason not to have EFILive and I have had all three softwares. After beig shafted on the 1.7 - 2.0 (plus Live did everything 2.0 did from inception so there was no reason for me to pay the 99) upgrade they wont be getting another red cent from me and their latest pricing scheme seals the deal for me

You can dload the scanner and the tuner and play around with it for a little while you will soon start to see why a few of us have converted and havent looked back.
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

Care to elaborate?
    Not really. I don't have many positive words about HPT.

Care to elaborate?
    Firstly I've never been an HPT customer so can't validate first hand most people annoyances.

What I see as a EFILive customer is what all have already said, and what I see is fundamentally important (second only to the quality of the product). And that is the amazing support that we all get from the like of Paul and Ross day to day. For example.. I enquired about a DFCO state PID not to long ago. Guess what, this is going to be in the next release

We have numerous custom operating systems available free and anyone with a Commercial or Workshop has unlimited access to those and free updates for all product for life (excluding hardware interfaces).

Those are just a couple of this that immediately spring to mind.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Paul and Ross work their butts off, and yet we still get upgrade pricing that is fair and honest;
    I like being treated fairly and honestly, it makes me feel good.

And, as Andew already said, their support can't be matched by anyone.

And, the product itself is very professional looking (and acting) and easy to use.

And it's users are more relaxed and don't feel the need to vehemently defend the product.

(I have never used HPTuners, but I've researched it and others alot).

Cheers
    Joe

Hey and it is finally USB--High Tech!

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Melton
    Hey and it is finally USB--High Tech!
    Yeah . Maybe we ca show them up (again) and make V2 Bluetooth enabled (hint hint Paul/Ross).
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

i'm in the same boat, i've always seen efi as a better product, with a worse licencing. now that hpt made their licensing even more horrible, there's really no reason for me to deal with their shit no more.
    they promised a lot with hpt2, and the practiacal differences were minute. now they screwed up the last good part about it.
    way to go jackasses, piss us off, see how long we're gonna stick around!

so anyone wants to buy a hpt with 98-02 fbody licences?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast