Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HPT has announced LS2/MPVI available this month

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne

Actually I installed the OTRCAI this morning before going to work (after getting in at 2am from the airport) and the IAT temps seem to be 1000% better. So I may not need to flash as much to chase the damn IAT's around .
    Got any pics or links? Over here we're always looking for solutions to high IATs and I haven't seen any OTRCAIs that don't require aftermarket hoods. I think there's a couple in developent though.

Back to the original topic: I don't think the other guys can do "black box flashing", just logging (and it only has 6MB onboard memory with no card slot.
    1970 Corvette LS1/T56
    2005 GTO LS2/T56

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter70
    Got any pics or links? Over here we're always looking for solutions to high IATs and I haven't seen any OTRCAIs that don't require aftermarket hoods. I think there's a couple in developent though.
    This unit is only for a Holden vehicle. I assume that you being in "Motor City" would be Detroit, right? From the people with F Bodies etc. the lids seems to give pretty good IAT temps from stock. The problem with the Holden stock air box is that it gets its air source from under the hood and then has an intake tube that runs across the top of the radiator further affecting the IAT temps :(.

I'll have a pic in the next couple of days (when I've tidied up the install), but so far the resultant average IAT temps have dropped from approx 35*C (95*F) to 25*C (77*F), ambient temp is generally around 23*C (74*F). So basically A LOT better
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Yes, Motor City = Detroit. However, your Holden ~= my GTO. We have the same issues as you do regarding IATs.
    1970 Corvette LS1/T56
    2005 GTO LS2/T56

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter70
    Yes, Motor City = Detroit. However, your Holden ~= my GTO. We have the same issues as you do regarding IATs.
    A very good point . Well I am the man to talk to then as I have had now 3 intakes on this car, and 2 different intake tubes .

The OTRCAI that I got actually comes from a company in Australia called G & D Performance. Their website is going to be updated in the next little while and they don't have any info on this unit.

Another popular unit one from a company called Power Torque (can't find their website).

The thing that I liked more about my unit is that it actually its down in front of the radiator a bit and therefore gets more direct airflow from the front of the car. The Power Torque and most other units still sit sort of on top of the radiator. They basically all yield very good results. I have only installed mine yesterday morning and driven the car twice, but I can already see the direct benefits against IAT, and the additional power that the colder charge allows .

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Well cool bud, I was convinced the otrcai was the best bet. I still havnt got one yet though! Missed out when I was down there... Waiting for the new Orssom ones now.. Apparently 2 new models. I think one full width one that looks tidy and one shorter one.

They have a model for the late model Monaro's/GTO's etc too.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Very cool. Thanks for the info.
    1970 Corvette LS1/T56
    2005 GTO LS2/T56

Quote Originally Posted by ringram
    Well cool bud, I was convinced the otrcai was the best bet. I still havnt got one yet though! Missed out when I was down there... Waiting for the new Orssom ones now.. Apparently 2 new models. I think one full width one that looks tidy and one shorter one.

They have a model for the late model Monaro's/GTO's etc too.
    Now I just need to work out how to cut the stock black plastic radiator cover to fit around the OTRCAI so that it all looks nice again .

You will be astounded with the difference!!! Symon should definitely get one as well.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I saw a nice job on another website somewhere.

Basically use the intake as a template, cut the shroud, then get some rubber seal like for doors etc, but to slide over the raw edge of the cut radiator cover. It looked really good.

I cant remember where I saw it, maybe ls1.com.au. Ok found it http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=51227
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234