Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HPT has announced LS2/MPVI available this month

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter70
    Being an ex-HPT customer....
    I can't recall every hearing or seeing this "Being an ex-EFILive customer. There is a reason people have switched.

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    i'm in the same boat, i've always seen efi as a better product, with a worse licencing. now that hpt made their licensing even more horrible, there's really no reason for me to deal with their shit no more.
    they promised a lot with hpt2, and the practiacal differences were minute. now they screwed up the last good part about it.
    way to go jackasses, piss us off, see how long we're gonna stick around!

so anyone wants to buy a hpt with 98-02 fbody licences?
    I find it funnny that all you guys that LOVED hpt before and said that it was better and blah, blah, are finally seeing the truth and realizing that it isn't. Its sad that several feel the same way you do, but can't express their opinions due to their "status".

I am new to the EFI tuning (never used HPT). I wuld say from my limited experience I have had a couple of people go out of their way to help me understand how to use this software. IMO it is very clean, professional, and has A LOT of functionality. So when you have Great software that has free updates/patches, the ability to upgrade OS (again for free), very reliable hardware,....and BEST OF ALL THE SUPPORT THAT PEOPLE PROVIDE IS TOTALLY A++++++++++++++ (YOU GUYS KNOW WHO YOU ARE) !!!!!!!!!!!
    '00 Pewter TA WS6 12.6@111 on street tires 1.87 60'
    PERFORMANCE: BG Ram Air, Lid, K&N, MSD 8.5 wires, NGK TR55's, 160*
    SUSPENSION: BMR-STB/SFC/PHR, UMI LCA's
    DRIVETRAIN: rebuilt 4L60E. 3000TCI, Hayden Trans Cooler, Yukon 3.73's, TA girdle
    TUNING: EFILive
    No runs after engine upgrade
    Newest mods:LS6-intake/heads/ported oil pump, 28lb injectors, Comps-918's, Comps 224/230 .581/.592 114 cam, Dynatech LT's, Rollmaster chain.

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    so anyone wants to buy a hpt with 98-02 fbody licences?
    I bet someone will snap it up on ebay.

To be honest I've not studied their new pricing scheme. We have not changed our prices since we released unlike HPT, what 3 or 4 times now?, each time shafting those who were 'loyal' to them and in the end they are just getting closer to our pricing setup.

When we were doing our pricing we considered all aspects of the industry.
    The workshop who pays $6980 for unlimited LS1 / Duramax with custom O.S's is good value as most tuning shops will (should) charge at least $600+ for a full 2 or 3 bar tune, the investment return will come back pretty fast and they know this is a once off fee with no hidden surprises.

Then there is the workshop who cannot afford the $6980 outlay, that is where we came up with the pay as you go scheme based on the commercial license that allows you to pay off a workshop version whilst you are making money from the product with the idea that is it 'only' $99 to tune another vehicle. I think that is a fair price in anyones language.
    Guys, just think back to the days of LS1Edit!!.

Then of course there is the individual user who just wants to tune their own car, $699 entry price for that.

With our V2 hardware will come new pricing (in your favor) as we have restructured our workshop level prices to suit any additional future platform support.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The point of my initial post wasn't to start an HPT vs EFILive war. We've had enough of those on LS1Tech (and they always get locked). My point was to show the EFI guys what has happened in the HPT world, so that the same won't happen over here. I was also hoping to get some discussion going with Ross and Paul and maybe get some insight as to how FlashscanV2 and the LS2 support is going to be better than HPT.

Honestly, I think it's interesting that RedHardSupra came over here as he has been very helpful to all in pushing the development of HPT and discovering some of the intricacies of the LSx PCM.

That's all for now.

-Matt

Edit: I see Ross posted while I was typing my post. Thanks Ross.

Matt, I realize your post was not to incite a HPT bashing session, but unfortunately it is probably bound to happen outside of LS1Tech much like there is probably EFILive bashing over on HPTuners?

Of course we are working hard on the LS2 / LS7 ECM's and those nasty Trans computers, but we also have been chipping away at some other options recently, so we needed to restructure our pricing, I don't know when but details will be released soon to give those sitting on the fence a bit more to think about.

If there is one thing I've learned in life, price should not be the major deciding factor in any purchase (unless you are hard up for cash!).

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter70
    The point of my initial post wasn't to start an HPT vs EFILive war. We've had enough of those on LS1Tech (and they always get locked). My point was to show the EFI guys what has happened in the HPT world, so that the same won't happen over here. I was also hoping to get some discussion going with Ross and Paul and maybe get some insight as to how FlashscanV2 and the LS2 support is going to be better than HPT.

Honestly, I think it's interesting that RedHardSupra came over here as he has been very helpful to all in pushing the development of HPT and discovering some of the intricacies of the LSx PCM.

That's all for now.

-Matt

Edit: I see Ross posted while I was typing my post. Thanks Ross.
    I understand where you are coming from, but what I think many fail to realize is that LS1Tech has a "special" interest in HPT and the threads over there are severely sensored in favor of HPT. If we have an opportunity (where ever it is) to express facts and not be worried about the thread being closed or deleted due to it not looking good for HPT, then we owe it to the community. Its not about opinions, its about hard facts and some of the the HPT guys don't want you to have all the correct information.

If someone does the math, they will realize that the pricing now between HPT and Live is pretty competitive... Sure will make things interesting.

Matt - I don't know if you are a Live customer or not. Either way, you've found your way here, and I'd like to be the first to welcome you to a bigger better world.

Chad, I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I am a moderator at LS1Tech and there's no "special" interests going on. (PSJ and Keith are friends but there is no special treatment being given out.) The Tuning mods and the admins just aren't tolerating the "bashing" threads where it's just arguing. It doesn't help anyone to keep those threads going. My usual post in those threads is "Both HPT and EFI are the best out there and will get the job done. Compare the licensing and see which one works better for you." Unfortunately for HPT, they changed the licensing scheme this time around. Of course, the pricing between the two is competitive, so you need to find other diferentiators to make a personal decision.

TAquickness, I'm not a customer (yet, maybe). I'm here to try and find out more to make a decision as to which to buy. Thanks.

-Matt

Matt - If it's any help...

The LSx tuning market has 2 very capable products available. Live has a bell today, HPT has a whistle tomorrow and visa versa. That is the nature of competition. However, there is a lot to be said in the way EFILive Flashscan not only entered the tuning market, but how EFILive Flashscan blew the doors off the competition. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

As far as deciding which product to purchase, I challange you to dig up all the EFILive/HPT threads on tech (will be tough with the limited search) and read all the sponsor posts. Pay no attention to what the customers are saying, just read what is posted by Live and HPT.

I believe the customer is always right, even when they are wrong. I refuse to do business with any company that does not heed to this philosophy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast