Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HPT has announced LS2/MPVI available this month

The decision maker for me was the black box. Since then, I'm more excited about DMax tuning than the LS2 (smart move on Live's part if you ask me - just do the #'s). Am looking forward to more new stuff form Live too (wife is getting a Charger, and I am definitely buying one of those Challengers - hint, hint).

i have got to tell this because it has been eating me up inside since I have been helping my friend tune his car!!! mwahahahaha

My friend has HPTuners, and a LC-1 wideband.

Well I have EFILIVE v7.3 and a lm-1 wideband.

He CAN'T CONNECT TO HIS WIDEBAND AS HE WOULD HAVE TO BUY THE EXTRA PIECE

I already can connect after purchasing the lm-1 or ANY wideband supported by EFILIVE....I have now helped 2 people in this situation and got their SD tunes looking good on AFR @ part throttle

I'm still learning EFILIVE but everyday I learn something new, some shortcut...something that makes it easier to work with.....or what tables to change to get a desired effect simply by posting or messaging certain people up here...all of you know who you are.

AND HANDS DOWN TO THE WRITER OF THE CODE OF EFILIVE!!!!! AWESOME JOB!!! never seen a tuning program that can do SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!! and have SOOOO many shortcuts
    01 T/A WS6 #4984 STOCK 342HP and 352TQ [/b]MODS:Too many to list, PM...funny rear mount.. father/son build.
    [Quote :ur car is sneezing!!!!]
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    My STS build: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631954
    453HP 475TQ @6psi
    .....CAM'd, IC'd, and 7psi'd #'s coming.....

The more I read about EFI live, the more excited I get. Right now I don't have a laptop, and after reading that once flashscan is released, I won't need one, just sealed my decision.

Hopefully it will be sooner rather later.

Brien

Quote Originally Posted by The_Alchemist
    The more I read about EFI live, the more excited I get. Right now I don't have a laptop, and after reading that once flashscan is released, I won't need one, just sealed my decision.

Hopefully it will be sooner rather later.

Brien
    Just to clarify for other potential forum visitors that may not know otherwise, this relates to the upcoming V2 FlashScan interface that has the ability to flash tunes (and other functionality) without the need for a laptop. You still do require a PC (laptop, desktop, whatever) to actually manipulate the tables/calibrations, and then transfer to V2 interface to flash into car.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    Just to clarify for other potential forum visitors that may not know otherwise, this relates to the upcoming V2 FlashScan interface that has the ability to flash tunes (and other functionality) without the need for a laptop. You still do require a PC (laptop, desktop, whatever) to actually manipulate the tables/calibrations, and then transfer to V2 interface to flash into car.

Cheers,
    I completely understand that and thanks for the clarification. I had bought a new dell desktop about 4 months ago consisting of dual core 3.0 ghz proccessor with 2GIG of memory, 100 GIG HD, and a 19" LCD monitor. So the thought of needing to buy a laptop didn't sit too well and I was really happy about being able to hook up the scanner, take the car to work and back, logging data, then hooking it up to the desktop to make the neccesary changes and then flash in the new program.

This is the way it should be, rather than sitting in the car balancing a laptop trying to work.

Oh yeah and you guys....

Quote Originally Posted by The_Alchemist
    I completely understand that and thanks for the clarification. I had bought a new dell desktop about 4 months ago consisting of dual core 3.0 ghz proccessor with 2GIG of memory, 100 GIG HD, and a 19" LCD monitor. So the thought of needing to buy a laptop didn't sit too well and I was really happy about being able to hook up the scanner, take the car to work and back, logging data, then hooking it up to the desktop to make the neccesary changes and then flash in the new program.

This is the way it should be, rather than sitting in the car balancing a laptop trying to work.
    LOL.. That PC should be fine for EFILive .

My wife is the biggest beneficiary of me updating to V2 when it comes out cause then she doesn't have to hold the laptop . The longer than 20 min black box logging is going to be totally awesome as well!
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

LOL.. That PC should be fine for EFILive .

My wife is the biggest beneficiary of me updating to V2 when it comes out cause then she doesn't have to hold the laptop . The longer than 20 min black box logging is going to be totally awesome as well!
    I bet. Now, how many flashes are you going to have on this interface Andrew??

I wonder if V2 will allow differnt pid selections?

That would be great, as the current one means messing about to save the pids before logging and if you want to change, its a return to the PC scenario. Not easy when you are away on the trip and want to log idle or something other than whats saved..
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Cheers,
    I refer to it as "Black Box Flashing".

Quote Originally Posted by Black02SS
    I bet. Now, how many flashes are you going to have on this interface Andrew??
    How many flashes on V2? Good question .

Actually I installed the OTRCAI this morning before going to work (after getting in at 2am from the airport) and the IAT temps seem to be 1000% better. So I may not need to flash as much to chase the damn IAT's around .
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast