Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Improving shifts via the ECM

Well...no good. Still getting the same timing numbers being pulled, and now, after it shows SMRET being reinstated back to zero...it is still holding timing and ramping it in at a timed rate. Feels HORRIBLE! Surely someone knows why it is doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason S. View Post
    Well...no good. Still getting the same timing numbers being pulled, and now, after it shows SMRET being reinstated back to zero...it is still holding timing and ramping it in at a timed rate. Feels HORRIBLE! Surely someone knows why it is doing this.
    Take a look in your :Torque Control Parameters: you might find your answer in there!!!

Cheers Scotty
    2008 HSV GTS LS3

Care to be more specific? Table numbers? We both have looked through those and don't see anything.

I have come to the conclusion that there is no way to reduce the amount of timing pulled during the shift for torque reduction. Several of the tables listed as being related to this clearly have the wrong descriptions. TCS must = Traction Control System and not Torque Control System, as none of those tables when adjusted affect regular torque reduction.

TCS is traction control. If you put minimum timing in that rpm/load table on the minimum final timing table to say....10*, it will not go below 10* in that area, ever.
    Head Calibrator
    Gwatney Performance Innovation
    Jacksonville, AR 501-982-2102

TCS is always been Traction Control. It is in the Torque Control section because it is a type of request for reduction and there are also different methods that it uses. This always takes a bit of experimentation for me as well.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by restless@westnet.com.au View Post
    UP DATE
    just for fun i reloaded the STOCK T43 tune with the + 15% in the the ecm WOW its just as good as the modded tune
    and with the torque management set to NO in D9401 AND NONE in D9412 and D9414 its better then the modded tune a lot nicer shifts AND THE MANUEL SHIFT is way better it has got some real feel now
    I'm trying to sort out this thread and have a question about scaled ECM tunes. I normally modify the TCM pressure tables using Torque and offset them in accordance with the percentage of scaling. The shifts are sometimes good and sometimes OK...kinda of inconsistant from setup to setup. Would you apply this ECM Torque model update in conjunction with the scaling in the TCM tune or leave the TCM tune stock and change the ECM model? Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; August 1st, 2015 at 03:18 AM.
    2004 Corvette Coupe, LS2 Shortblock, MN6, Vararam, American Racing Headers/CATs, Magnaflow, 4:10's, Trickflow 215 Heads, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, Performance Clutch, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc.....480 rwhp and 430 rwtq

ERM Performance Tuning -- One stop Learning Center...from tuning software help to complete custom tunes
    visit our website: www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning
    C5edstoy@aol.com

i still run higher pressure in my tcm tune and large multiplier update to increase the torque output readings.

After much testing and many 6l80s tuned I have found the trucks do very well with just the scaled torque model tables or tables on vvt setups. They also tend to like a little wider shift time vs the car setups as well.

On the cars I run a combo of tq model and on the low side of the table I will still bump pressure to get the desired feel. On cars I run a tighter shift time, at wot anywhere from .15 to .25 will bump pretty well.
    Head Calibrator
    Gwatney Performance Innovation
    Jacksonville, AR 501-982-2102

i still run higher pressure in my tcm tune and large multiplier update to increase the torque output readings.
    On the cars I run a combo of tq model and on the low side of the table I will still bump pressure to get the desired feel
    So if I understand, you will increase the PCM Torque Model Airflow coeficient table (B3033) to "realign" the calculated torque model which has been reduced as a result of the Tune scaling process? This would then make it not necessary to scale the Torque related TCM Torque axis values (offset table typically as you do with the timing table)?

Is it as simple as saying if my tune is scaled by 30% then I multiply the PCM Torque Model airflow coefficient values by 30%?

Thanks for your input. Will experiment when I get a chance but any expereince from the forum would be appreciated.

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; August 1st, 2015 at 03:19 AM.
    2004 Corvette Coupe, LS2 Shortblock, MN6, Vararam, American Racing Headers/CATs, Magnaflow, 4:10's, Trickflow 215 Heads, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, Performance Clutch, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc.....480 rwhp and 430 rwtq

ERM Performance Tuning -- One stop Learning Center...from tuning software help to complete custom tunes
    visit our website: www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning
    C5edstoy@aol.com

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast