Thread: V2 Flashscan issues

Default V2 Flashscan issues

So I was having issues connecting to a truck so I tried to update the firmware on my V2 and I managed to screw it up and now the bootblock and firmware do not match up and the bootblock will not program properly. It says it is programed and says to update the firmware but nothing works and the bootblock doesn't change. And the V2 will only power up in "dead poll" mode with the alternating flashing leds. Anybody know if this can be fixed?

Thanks in advance for any help

Lifetime Member

Somewhere on my web site is contact info, call or email me with a number and I'll help you fix it.

Ira
    www.fishtuning.com

Lifetime Member

May need to change the USB driver to get communication to work. Under Start Menu > EFILIve > V8 > Tools is a USB tool. change driver version. Then back to the V8 software to do the firmware update if the boot block is the right version for the software you have installed. Also have you tried updating under the EFILive Explorer app as well as the Scan and Tune app and hit the flashscan icon in the lower right corner if it appears there. But no matter what post what it takes to fix it to help others out in the future.

Brian
    2007.5 GMT-900 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CC/LB LTZ 4x4 Summit White.
    With the LMM Duramax 365hp/660tq, MW7 Allison 1000 6-speed
    EFILive LMM DSP5 Settings, 500HP, 450HP, 400HP,Tow with Turbine Brake, and Stock HP.

UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN - Remember if you want to play you got to pay.

If the V2 powers up in dead poll mode, then it is waiting for you to flash in firmware.

What bootblock version did you have previously, and have now...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    If the V2 powers up in dead poll mode, then it is waiting for you to flash in firmware.

What bootblock version did you have previously, and have now...?
    Finally had a chance to get back on here. The bootblock version has not changed. Its 2.05.08. Firmware is 2.07.22. When I tried updating the V2 i screwed up and did the firmware first and it wont allow me to change the bootblock or the firmware. The only way I can get it to do anything is to hold control on the V2 when i plug it it. Then it has the 2 alternating flashing lights and i can at lest see what versions it has on it. If I just plug it in it does nothing.
    2002 Chevy 2500HD
    DMax/Allison
    Built trans
    Remote mount S475/83/1.0 t4

Quote Originally Posted by ncarolfi View Post
    Finally had a chance to get back on here. The bootblock version has not changed. Its 2.05.08. Firmware is 2.07.22. When I tried updating the V2 i screwed up and did the firmware first and it wont allow me to change the bootblock or the firmware. The only way I can get it to do anything is to hold control on the V2 when i plug it it. Then it has the 2 alternating flashing lights and i can at lest see what versions it has on it. If I just plug it in it does nothing.
    Ok...

First download/install the latest V7 and V8 software from here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....-March-29-2012

Then, power up your V2 in dead poll mode (2 amber LEDs alternating flashing), run the EFILive Explorer (EE) software, and program in firmware 2.05.21 (FSProgV2_05_21.efw);

then when it has finished, program in bootblock 2.07.04, and then program in firmware 2.07.26.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Ok...

First download/install the latest V7 and V8 software from here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....-March-29-2012

Then, power up your V2 in dead poll mode (2 amber LEDs alternating flashing), run the EFILive Explorer (EE) software, and program in firmware 2.05.21 (FSProgV2_05_21.efw);

then when it has finished, program in bootblock 2.07.04, and then program in firmware 2.07.26.

Joe, I did this same thing and when I tried to fix it, it won't let me go back to an older version of the firmware. Is there a way around that?

I currently have boot block version, 2.05.05 and firmware 2.07.27
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

Quote Originally Posted by kbracing96 View Post
    Joe, I did this same thing and when I tried to fix it, it won't let me go back to an older version of the firmware. Is there a way around that?

I currently have boot block version, 2.05.05 and firmware 2.07.27
    Ok, this can be tricky, I pm'd Tech Support.

kbracing96, just sent you a PM.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Thanks, I got the pm and responded.
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo