Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Release Candidate 10 (updated), Mar 21, 2012

Lifetime Member

There's something wrong with the way V8 is handling licenses, on my V2 it says I have 18 licenses total and 9 available when I only have 9 total and 0 available. One of my ACs reports that is has 4 total, 1 used and 3 available. Should be 3 total, 1 used, 2 available. My other ACs (x2) report they have 3 total, 0 used, and 3 available. These have not been linked to a PCM/ECM/TCM yet. Not sure what the issue is, but there is definitely something going on here. V7.5 reports the correct total, used, and available numbers. Might be with how V8 is seeing used licenses? I can send whatever files you want/need.

BTW I have updated my V2 and all 3 ACs to the latest bb and fw included in this RC10b release.

Also, unrelated but when copying LS1B config files to a V2/AC, there are LS1B1_F.bix and LS1B2_F.bix included on the device. Is this correct or a testing remnant (being picky here ha)?
    Last edited by ScarabEpic22; March 21st, 2012 at 09:10 PM.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Erik, I am seeing the same thing on mine, I think it's just a display issue.
    Mine shows 80, 40, 40, I think it should be 40, 0, 40.

Edit: Yeah it's a display problem, I just added five licenses to my cable, it now shows:
    85, 45, 40
    Looks like Paul is accidentally adding the used to available when displaying those numbers.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

My cust is getting a no data received when he tries to cal flash his 05 Allison TCM. The LLY ECM loaded a dsp5 tune without a problem. He was using V8 pasthrough with autocal.
    Last edited by bobo; March 22nd, 2012 at 06:48 AM.
    2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com

He gets error $050b with Boot 2.07.04 and Firm. 2.07.25 doing stand alone read with the autocal

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    He gets error $050b with Boot 2.07.04 and Firm. 2.07.25 doing stand alone read with the autocal
    Did he reprogram the AC/V2 from the BBx window (Program All)...?

$050B

Script file not supported by current firmware version

The script file uses features not available in the current firmware.
    Upgrade the firmware in your FlashScan/AutoCal device and upgrade the EFILive software.
    Then reconfigure FlashScan/AutoCal using the latest firmware and software.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post

Edit: Yeah it's a display problem, I just added five licenses to my cable, it now shows:
    85, 45, 40
    Looks like Paul is accidentally adding the used to available when displaying those numbers.
    Thats what it looked like to me because V7.5 was reporting everything correctly still. Simple case of addition vs subtraction! Ha
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post

85, 45, 40
    Yes, my math is pretty bad - Obviously I should never go on the TV show "are you smarter than a fifth grader" - because I'd be out in the first round :(
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Did he reprogram the AC/V2 from the BBx window (Program All)...?
    He is doing this procedure now. Not sure if he tried that before.

I sent him this from the fish tuning website:
    • First find Scan and Tune and then click the F5: BBX button.
    • Select the F2: Scan tab and press the greenRead button at the bottom edge.
    • Next, select the F3: Tune tab and press the green Read button at the bottom edge.
    • Now, click on the tiny black arrow at the extreme right edge of the red Programbutton and select Format CONFIG File System.
    • Answer Yes when the message box appears. This will take five or ten seconds.
    • When the Format finishes, press the middle of the red Program button. Answer Yes to the message box that appears.
    In a minute or three the programming will finish and then your AutoCal should be ready to use.

It's still not working. PM's sent to Ross and Paul.

I been having a small but irritating issue with V8 since this update. I am always getting the cal flash warning and full flash warning no matter what I do to try and turn them off. I have them both turned off in the V8 settings as well as the V7.5 settings but yet every time I restart the program I keep having to click ok to the flash. Has anyone else been having this problem? Not a huge deal, but annoying nonetheless.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast