Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lost all previous daspages wont save aney thing

Senior Member restless@westnet.com.au's Avatar

Default lost all previous daspages wont save aney thing

hi guys
    for some reason i have lost the dash pages Ive been working on for the last 2 years i have remade them several times (wasting lots of hours ) and saved them BUT once i close the program it all disappears ???
    once i reopen the program it will come back up with all the graphs the same like rpm in all of the graphs but in different colors ?? with out all the other pids that i use
    i have reloaded both V7.5 -B180 AND V8- B170 still the same cant wont save any thing
    works fine if i just put it all on task bar
    i have even tried to use a default ls2 page but after closing the program it didn't save any changes i did to it
    this all started when i looked for new updates it said none were found
    is there a glitch ??

Did save each chart by clicking the Save or Save As buttons on each chart's Properties box...?

Can you outline the steps your doing...?

go in to dash board
    select page B put up 3 charts , align to grid ,( save )then put in pid i need (save after each one ) before i exit the page i ( save ) hit the little pic of the floppy disc up in top left corner , then exit if i haven't saved it, it wont let you exit the page anyway , i have tried saving as bobs supercharger page ,default ,or what ever the page was called from the program and i have tried saving after every alteration on the page it all works fine till i shut the program down ,then when i restart it some times i will get the page back put with ALL the series filled with the same thing like RPM in Red or tp% in blue and nothing else
    i have the program on 1 pc and 2 laptops don't have any trouble with the (old ver on the laptops ) as soon as go in to tune tool ,dashboard, ( the page i have been using even after 3 month of no use comes up straight away )
    just load a log file and away i go , im thinking of deleting the whole efilive program on the pc and starting from fresh BUT I DIDENT WANT to loose all the tune files ,logs ,settings etc but ill have to put them on a stick
    i guess

After you add/edit pids in a chart, do you do rightclick->Chart Properties and click Save on the box that pops up...?

To backup your tune files, you should copy the folder My Documents\EFILive\V7.5 to a USB memory stick.

ok i see
    the ->Chart Properties box is up at the end of the series /pid / alteration, i save it then
    is this not the same thing ???i

Are you clicking the Save or Save As (either one) as shown in attached pic for each of the 4 or 5 charts...?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chart Properties.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	166.8 KB 
ID:	12803

My pic shows 5 charts... are you saving the chart properties for all of your charts...?

What is the filename of your Dash...?

i'm getting confused with all this saving i have 4 charts to a page
    dash page name at the bottom of the screen on page B is

dash page -B default imperial_B: vdb(Default metric.vdb

i have really got in to trouble trying to use page B and then page C
    i'm sure i'm not saving them wright as have stuffed one off the laptops to day all so
    never had an issue before just start SC and the dash page came up and i would select a log file from the list top left yellow folder and away it would go with all the info still on the page
    after months of not using it
    since i have had the problem trying to use 2 pages Ive stuffed it all up completely
    can you walk me through the second page procedure
    i hit save after every alteration some times a second window comes up saying save as xxxx i hit save and it disappears and i keep going
    i'm not good with file names and naming stuff i'm told LOL i just leave it up to the default settings
    if i go in to the dash page file (yellow folder on the top left second row )and click one of the white folders ( there was about 12 of them i deleted all the duramax and imperial ones yesterday in frustration )
    i can get some of the old pages back but they don't contain every thing and it will displayed on PAGE A even if its PAGE stuff
    is there a good Territorial on dash page making /saving the one i read in efilive just said SAVE /or save as
    completely confused

Are you clicking the Save (or Save As) button I showed in post #7 above...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast