Thread: Files in CTZ or CTD

Default Files in CTZ or CTD

Guys I am having a issue with converting files. I don't use the autocal to much but if someone emails me a file in CTZ format instead of CTD format can I convert it from one to the other. I have seen and converted files from CTD to CTZ but never the other way.

This is what the customer told me it said.

"File not EFILive calibration tune file (*.ctd). Copy file anyway?

Any ideas of how to get around this.

Thanks

Lifetime Member

Sounds like your customer needs to upgrade to the latest RC10b software/firmware on his V2/AC. It appears to me that the conversion process is designed to be one-way so going forward people dont try and continue using .ctd files as they are no longer supported. A simple open and re-save in .ctz is needed or use the batch tool to convert all .ctd to .ctz (V8 S&T, F8 Tools).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Correct the customer needs to run RC10. The other option is to have the old software on another computer so you can save, build, run tunes for customers in CTD. This was too much for me, so just have everyone update to the RC10.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Because I have so many Autocal customers with the old .ctd file supporting software, I have saved a copy of V7.5.7 Build 180. I open up their tune files with the old version of V7 and I can still save their files as .ctd files. For the customers who just want simple Autocal updates, sometimes this approach is easier for them rather then asking them to download the full blown new versions of V7 and V8 and then walk them through updating their Autocal firmware.

2013 Corvette Grand Sport A6 heads/cam/boost coming
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    Vararam, EFI Live tuned, Cruising in 4 cylinder mode, hauling on 8.
    2000 Pewter Ram Air Trans Am M6 heads/cam 508 rwhp/445 rwtq SAE Mods list, Idle Sound Clip, WOT video, 183.092mph video
    2008 GMC Yukon Denali XL 6.2L K&N FIPK, variable valve timing tuned to the max w/EFI Live.