Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

Default Question

After I flashed both a stock tune from tunefile and my tune from Kory at PPE, I would start my truck and it would shut off. I would start it up again and it was fine. Just curious if this is normal or not.
    Thanks- Corey
    2007 5.9 SBT & ATP Tuning

Any lights on the dash??
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Nope. It just shut off and I turned it back to start again and it started up ran fine. It acted as if nothing happened. Tomorrow maybe I should flash my stock tune and log what happens before I start it?

when i tried to pull my stock file off my truck I could not get it to load it kept getting a script problem, i was thinking it was from the smarty being on there. I finally went to depot file and flashed a stock tune in my truck, I have no dash light or anything everything works fine. Other then everytime i change my tune and reflash the truck with it does the exact same thing you are saying, so now when its done flashing just turn the key off for the ten seconds like it says, Then on and back off then it starts fine. The problem only occurs right after flashing, After that it always starts first key on. Wonder if its something to do with it not bein the actual stock tune from that ecm
    Black06MegaCab/DTT/TDC/EFI LIVE/Gauges/Raptor150/HTTss62-71/AFEPusher/5''ss/TGC8inLongArm/Fox/38''MG ..... RED / 2005 / QCSB / G56 / SBDD / TST / Smarty TNT / ETC... K.I.A.

Good question, and thanks for the tip. I pulled my tune from the depot as well.

This is a security issue related to the vin... as I said, if this is the tune you sent me that you changed the vin to match that of your truck and it doesn't start...you have entered a invalid vin...or simply didn't save you vin in the .tun file. More than likely your truck will now have the airbags and ABS light on due to a mismatch when the truck cranked. Regardless, double check your vin that's in the tune file against that which is in your truck (drivers side door). If the vin in the tune doesn't match that of the truck...this may happen.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

That is wired that it randomly smarts working though.... especially with no lights on the dash?
    -Kory

This is a security issue related to the vin... as I said, if this is the tune you sent me that you changed the vin to match that of your truck and it doesn't start...you have entered a invalid vin...or simply didn't save you vin in the .tun file. More than likely your truck will now have the airbags and ABS light on due to a mismatch when the truck cranked. Regardless, double check your vin that's in the tune file against that which is in your truck (drivers side door). If the vin in the tune doesn't match that of the truck...this may happen.
    -Kory

Yep my vin matches, but it worked afterwards and no lights nor repeated actions. mmm this tune is nice for a "starter tune" nom nom
    Last edited by cmcz450; March 27th, 2012 at 01:48 PM.

I've had that happen one time on my truck. Using the 2602 OS and changing many different things in axis tables. But that was a couple release versions back..
    Joel
    -6.7 powered 2006 Ram QC 4x4 Auto, EFI Live, Garrett, Thuren.

-08 Chevy Silverado 4x4 5.3, built 4l70E, COMP cam and Thorly headers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast