Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Deleted 6.7 throws "See dealer for service" message on overhead display.

I have had several issues with this. I have tried something a little different on the last three that I have done. I used to pull the pipe and all the sensors off. I started leaving the pressure sensor and egt sensors in the pipe and just disabling them in efi live same way I was doing before. I have had no issues with the last three.

Default Re: Deleted 6.7 throws "See dealer for service" message on overhead display.

I tuned a deleted truck that has never had a ding or any hiccups since 6.7 support was released. Customer doesn't tow much tho. When he does its heavy loads. All my other trucks are 5.9. Been putting all 6.7 customers off fearing this. I can only imagine the amount of phone calls I would get

Quote Originally Posted by comnrailpwr View Post
    I tuned a deleted truck that has never had a ding or any hiccups since 6.7 support was released. Customer doesn't tow much tho. When he does its heavy loads. All my other trucks are 5.9. Been putting all 6.7 customers off fearing this. I can only imagine the amount of phone calls I would get
    Yup it sucks unless you pre-warn them that they're likely going to have the overhead chiming issue... and that it's working on being solved. Nobody 'wants' it of course. Some trucks are lucky enough to not get it... but most do, and many of them getting 20+ MPG on the highway after I get done with them seems to make up for a bit of the annoyance of the overhead.... Quieter, smoother, more power when needed, and better MPGs.... most people are willing to take that plunge that i talk to in exchange for the overhead. However, some are holding off still waiting for magical day - but StarLite has stayed plenty busy with the 6.7s and lots of fairly happy customers - even with the dinging.

Trucks are being 'tested' right now - new updates go out almost every day trying new / different things for these trucks. On some trucks we are having good luck with it - other trucks are being more stubborn. Either way, it is a work in progress and hoping it will yield 100% results soon! Seem to be getting close!
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

Default Re: Deleted 6.7 throws "See dealer for service" message on overhead display.

Thanks. Keep up the good work.

I haven't read through all this, but does this happen even with E5500, E5501, and, E5502 disabled? I will take the time to go back and read through all this though. However, I so far have not had this issue with my truck. '07.5 running 11551035 and 55350430BH.

Had this problem on one of my trucks but when I changed the fuel rail plug it went away. Weird!

ANY UPDATE ON THIS ISSUE, WE CURRENTLY HAVE 4 DELETED 6.7s RANGING FROM 07-09 SHOWING "SEE DEALER FOR SERVICE ETC". WE HAVE ALSO DONE DELETES ON AN 07 CUMMINS 6.7 USING A SMARTY JR. AND ALSO GOT THE SAME WARNINGS. JUST LOOKING FOR INPUT?

Default Deleted 6.7 throws "See dealer for service" message on overhead display.

Any word in an update to the software to fix this issue? It's been better than a month since we've heard anything.

Really really tired of this damn ding.

Thanks EFILive crew

Lifetime Member

Default Deleted 6.7 throws "See dealer for service" message on overhead display.

Another lot of test files were given to the beta testers today. Shoot me an email with the tune you are currently running and ill see if its one of the os's we are working with and if so apply those changes for you.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

It is getting better. Towed for 260 miles yesterday, got the ding only one time at 160 miles into the trip. Then no more dings. Towed 167 miles today, never got the ding at all.
    Stealthy Dodge 07.5 2500 2wd with lots of torque multiplying assistance, and now EFI Live tuning.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast