Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Deleted 6.7 throws "See dealer for service" message on overhead display.

I would like to know if this is getting closer. Like I said before I have done multiple tunes and the ones i delete the pipe and the sensors are the ones that give me issues. If I leave the sensors in the pipe and plugged in... no issues. It has something to do with the sensor values being off when unplugged.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Padendiesel View Post
    I would like to know if this is getting closer. Like I said before I have done multiple tunes and the ones i delete the pipe and the sensors are the ones that give me issues. If I leave the sensors in the pipe and plugged in... no issues. It has something to do with the sensor values being off when unplugged.
    Another round of testing went to the beta testers this weekend.

Cheers
    Cindy

Cindy, we are about to take a 20+ hour trip (each way) to pick up our new 5th wheel here in a month or so. Do you think it is possible for my tuner to get the software necessary to implement the interim fix on my truck? Every 10 minutes is alot of chimes to endure and we will have 4 kids along for the ride. The chiming will wake up our smallest one to be sure. Thanks for your hard work!

Curtis

Lifetime Member

Testing at this point is inconclusive. Your best bet for your long trip is to have your tune modified to only activate once per trip, unless that trip extends greater than 6 hours.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    Testing at this point is inconclusive. Your best bet for your long trip is to have your tune modified to only activate once per trip, unless that trip extends greater than 6 hours.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Cindy, yes that is what I was referring to - the tune where it just chimes once unless you keep it running for 6+ hours. We can't go much longer than 3 hours - gotta stop and let the kids use the bathroom etc. =D

Thanks, I will get with my tuner.

Curtis

Lifetime Member

Cheers
    Cindy
    so how do we do that in the tune?
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

We have just started a new test in beta with additional DTC tables, so far that seems to be working well for a lot of people, I think we are nearly there.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Ok so where is it in the tune that I can set it to do it every 6 hours instead of ten minutes like cindy said. been looking and haven't found anything? thanks for responding.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by catman3126 View Post
    so how do we do that in the tune?
    It's not currently available in our public or pre-release software. Only our beta testers have access to it. You could either wait for the next release, or if you used a professional tuner have them modify the tune for you. If they don't have access to the beta files, they can send them to me to fix.

Cheers
    Cindy

Lifetime Member

It's not currently available in our public or pre-release software. Only our beta testers have access to it. You could either wait for the next release, or if you used a professional tuner have them modify the tune for you. If they don't have access to the beta files, they can send them to me to fix.

Cheers
    Cindy

Oh I see, No I do my own tuning for my Diesel performance shop. Can I send the tune tunes to you and have it done. have started turning 6.7 cummins business away because I don't want anymore people calling wanting to know if i can do anything when the dinging gets anoying for them. thanks for the replys
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast