Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 C&C 6.7l Cummins

Default 2010 C&C 6.7l Cummins

Having an Issue with a 2010 Dodge 5500 C&C truck. When I try to license a Vin I get a message "The controller's license status cannot be determined, possibly because the controller is not programmed correctly" I have tried checking the boxes with Assume lock may be faulty and Try additional lock strategies. No luck with that either. The ECM is Currently "bricked" and will not start. Any time I try to load a tune or unlock file it gives me an $0333 error. Also getting a U1601 for the ECM and missing data. I've talked to Several of our tuners and they have sent files and info none of which has worked for it.
    I have no idea where to go with this. I've had Cummins ECM's "brick" in the past, but nothing like this one.

Flash the applicable patch file (auto or manual) it should go in. If it goes in then try and flash in whatever tune you are trying to put into it.

Should be good to go.

Mitch

That's what I haven't attempted, but it refuses to let me license the Vin. At least I think because I've never gotten any messages after licensing before other then script finished successfully. That's what has me stumped on it.

Can you use a Wytech on it to flash a factory file using Chrysler's own tool ??
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Can you connect to the ECM with V8? If so, go to OBD, use the Auto Detect button, then hit Retrieve all information. If the VIN and Serial number are all 0's or ..., then that is why it will not let you license the controller. You should be able to recover the ecm with a factory file. If you are unable to connect to the pcm via OBD, then it may be bricked.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    Can you use a Wytech on it to flash a factory file using Chrysler's own tool ??
    I haven't tried anything else on it. The tune file you sent me wouldn't load either I think it's because I can't license the ECM.
    Going to see if the dealer can reflash it today or if there is any records of an ECM change (had that happen before).

Quote Originally Posted by 30 RUM View Post
    Can you connect to the ECM with V8? If so, go to OBD, use the Auto Detect button, then hit Retrieve all information. If the VIN and Serial number are all 0's or ..., then that is why it will not let you license the controller. You should be able to recover the ecm with a factory file. If you are unable to connect to the pcm via OBD, then it may be bricked.
    I can connect to it. I cannot flash a tune, factory or modified. That's what I am trying figure out with it. It is for sure bricked turn the key on and try to start it and it does nothing.

What does it show for serial and vin number when you do the Retrieve all info?

Quote Originally Posted by 30 RUM View Post
    What does it show for serial and vin number when you do the Retrieve all info?
    Tried to read the ECM and got a $0311 : Mode not supported

OBD page the Current and Original Vin is 0 the ECM Serial # is 000000000000
    In the block under this the VIN is there along with the ECU Serial.

What really has me wondering if something with the trucks bed isn't interrupting the flash. It has a Alltec Boom Bed on it with wires running everywhere.

You are not trying to flash through a switch are you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast