Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Deleted 6.7 throws "See dealer for service" message on overhead display.

That is the same issue I have Dave, and I am willing to send my tune or whatever else need be to help solve this.
    07.5 Mega stock
    00' EX-Cab MFI

Quote Originally Posted by Robs24vCTD View Post
    That is the same issue I have Dave, and I am willing to send my tune or whatever else need be to help solve this.
    I have no clue on this one. I was able to use a star scan and read out several stock trucks at different stages of regen vs a deleted truck to give Ross an idea of where to start with the other message. But this one doesn't show you what its doing. I ran logs and checked dtc's while it was happening. Nothing. I'm gonna call a buddy tomorrow at the dealer and see what he knows about the message itself. He was a great help with the last one and showing me where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by davematthews View Post
    Ross. The overhead issue I had here locally hasn't shown back up. I have another customers truck that has a different oh message than the first one. I believe its the more predominate one. It only shows up when going down the highway cruising at a constant speed.. Especially when towing. Takes 10-30 min's to start. I drove a customers truck back from Ennis Tx this last weekend. We were towing my rig (blown trans at the drag races). It started doing it. This was the first I had seen of it and I orginally thought it was the same as the first issue. It says "Service Required, See Dealer Now" Gives you two dings, stays up there for a few minutes then goes away..

I have this particular truck in my shop till June 2nd if you need another one to test..
    Mine dings once at the same time "Catalyst Full Service Required" flashes up on the overhead. Then it dings once more. No DTCs. No CEL, no Lightning bolt, and I don't know if it goes away on it's own as I push the page button to get back to my how many miles to empty display.

The last tow it did it as soon as we got ten miles on the freeway towing. We were on the freeway right away as the campground was less than a mile from the freeway. It dings every 9 or 10 miles. And then when we get off the freeway and onto regular streets it dings every 5 to 6 miles. Once we disconnect and turn off the truck, the dinging does not occur driving the truck without the trailer in tow. I will be making some side trips and will see if it occurs without towing at any point.

So far my lovely wife gives me one of those looks when it goes off, but she hasn't started with "Why does it do that?" If she starts that it will soon be followed by "I don't understand why you are always messing up the truck" I think she may be putting up with the dinging because overall the truck is much more quiet than when it was tuned with the XRT. I am reserving the "Because it gives us better mileage" as my answer to question two. LOL
    Stealthy Dodge 07.5 2500 2wd with lots of torque multiplying assistance, and now EFI Live tuning.

I have about 700 efi deleted miles so far and have not had this problem. ( knock on wood )

Drove a hundred miles on goat trails today, freeway too and no dings. It only happens when we tow.
    Stealthy Dodge 07.5 2500 2wd with lots of torque multiplying assistance, and now EFI Live tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by 2500MegaDiesel View Post
    Mine dings once at the same time "Catalyst Full Service Required" flashes up on the overhead.
    Make sure you set C6283 - C6286 to the max values. This will stop the 'Catalyst Full' message, but, on some trucks they still get a chime going off. Eventually it 'may' go in to reduced power if left with the Cat full message.

If she starts that it will soon be followed by "I don't understand why you are always messing up the truck"
    It should be something on the wedding vowels. To love and to hold, in sickness and in health, allowed to mess with he's vehicle.....
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Make sure you set C6283 - C6286 to the max values. This will stop the 'Catalyst Full' message, but, on some trucks they still get a chime going off. Eventually it 'may' go in to reduced power if left with the Cat full message.

I will pass that on to Dave Matthews to incorporate for my AutoCal file(s)

Thanks

I will pass that on to Dave Matthews to incorporate for my AutoCal file(s)

Thanks
    Already done.

Ross it doesn't seem to matter if we max out the 6283-6286 parameters...

With those set to maximum I was sure it stopped the 'Full' message, it still chimes, but no 'Full', or is that not the case?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    With those set to maximum I was sure it stopped the 'Full' message, it still chimes, but no 'Full', or is that not the case?
    I'm getting two different ones. One says see dealer now, service required. Other is the full message. Both are only when at a constant speed. The file you sent me a few weeks ago solved the one that started on start up. These only show up when at a constant speed on the highway. And in some cases only with a load hooked up. I have no clue on this one. It seems to be more predominate though.

I have a customers truck in my shop right now that does it. I have it till june 2nd if you want to test anything on it. My truck only did the one on startup. But its out of commision for a little while. Blew the trans at ennis last weekend..

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast