Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Deleted 6.7 throws "See dealer for service" message on overhead display.

I now have almost three hundred miles on since towing last Monday. Not one ding driving today on the freeway for 60 miles at 60 to 65 mph.

I will be towing again this coming Friday and I can almost bet it will ding and show the Catalyst Full Service Required message. I am open to any trials you want to do Dave or Russ.
    Stealthy Dodge 07.5 2500 2wd with lots of torque multiplying assistance, and now EFI Live tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    With those set to maximum I was sure it stopped the 'Full' message, it still chimes, but no 'Full', or is that not the case?
    Mine has the full message, but no chimes with those settings maxed out.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

There is something about these trucks that is just plain weird. Towed today with about 40 miles of freeway and another 16 of surface roads. No ding no message. I give up.
    Stealthy Dodge 07.5 2500 2wd with lots of torque multiplying assistance, and now EFI Live tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by 2500MegaDiesel View Post
    There is something about these trucks that is just plain weird. Towed today with about 40 miles of freeway and another 16 of surface roads. No ding no message. I give up.
    I've done some more testing with some customer trucks. Different years, 2wheel drive, 4wheel drive. Doesn't matter. Towing or not. Its constant speed going down the highway. I'm wondering if there's something with the DPF Timers that see your driving down the highway and want a regen?? Which is where it normally tries to regen on a stock truck..

Just something I've seen over the past two weeks.. Most of the trucks its on a 10 min interval. EXACTLY 10 min's...

I'm gonna go by the dealer tomorrow and see if I can mimic it on a stock truck with the star scan hooked up..

I guess I'll add my story to the thread even though I don't have a fix. Tuned 2wd today with OS 11620604. Full egr/dpf delete. All associated DTCs turned off and C6283-C6286 maxed out. Truck left Waco and made it about 50 miles away before the OH started dinging with Service Required See Dealer Now. Kept running great and has no other issues except that annoying ding. The guy ran a mini-maxx before but didn't have this issue. It's on a 10 minute interval.

The guys on cumminsforum have had success with replacing the CCV or cleaning it, but it hasn't seemed to be a fix for every truck. The one I tuned today just made it back to College Station and cleaned his CCV. He is going to let me know if that helped at all (I'm not optimistic).

Quote Originally Posted by davematthews View Post
    I've done some more testing with some customer trucks. Different years, 2wheel drive, 4wheel drive. Doesn't matter. Towing or not. Its constant speed going down the highway. I'm wondering if there's something with the DPF Timers that see your driving down the highway and want a regen?? Which is where it normally tries to regen on a stock truck..

Just something I've seen over the past two weeks.. Most of the trucks its on a 10 min interval. EXACTLY 10 min's...

I'm gonna go by the dealer tomorrow and see if I can mimic it on a stock truck with the star scan hooked up..
    Good info and you might be onto something.

I agree with the ten minute intervals. And if it is constant speed that starts the sequence, I can tell you that once started varying speed will not make it stop. Next time I get it I will try pulling over and restarting the engine to see if it continues. Yesterday we did not have a long stretch of constant speed. In Los Angeles I looked up the local dictionary. It turns out that Freeway and Parking lot can be used interchangably.

I remember way back when the tuners were coming out. The S one would get the overhead message and dings. The X series had a method of resetting a timer to prevent that. When I was reading original file for EFI Live tuning I saw the last step of the X tuner was a timer clearing step. I wonder if that timer was constantly being cleared during operation of the truck.

Default THE FIX is possibly simple.

Turn the key on, full press and release the fuel pedal 3 times within 10 seconds, turn key off. Service indicators will be reset!

Quote Originally Posted by LReiff View Post
    Turn the key on, full press and release the fuel pedal 3 times within 10 seconds, turn key off. Service indicators will be reset!
    On mine all I have to do is push the page button while we are driving and the message goes away. Only to return again at 10 minute intervals. Kind of hard to pull over on the freeway every ten miles with a trailer in tow to reset the overhead.

^^^^^ this is the same thing mine does. I used a genesis and reset all the emissions counters/timers. I will report back with my findings.
    07.5 Mega stock
    00' EX-Cab MFI

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast