Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Deleted 6.7 throws "See dealer for service" message on overhead display.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2500MegaDiesel View Post
    Dave Matthews sent me a beta tune. I towed yesterday for over 70 miles on the freeway and had no message or chime.
    The changes that were made in this beta cannot just be emailed out as tune revisions. The changes require software installation updates for the end user who physically flashes the truck.

Unless your truck was flashed by a beta tester, or you were sent the beta zip files to install and extract you won't be using the changes that were made.

Quote Originally Posted by DrededSS View Post
    Saw on Kory's post on Facebook. Very happy to see this. Now I can give a couple of owners a call to bring their trucks back over.
    As I said above, the software hasn't been fully tested at this point, and Ross needs to port the changes over to all OS's, so I'd suggest the update is going to be 4 or 5 days away at least.

Cheers
    Cindy

Thanks Cindy, I'll let my customers know.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    The changes that were made in this beta cannot just be emailed out as tune revisions. The changes require software installation updates for the end user who physically flashes the truck.

Unless your truck was flashed by a beta tester, or you were sent the beta zip files to install and extract you won't be using the changes that were made.

As I said above, the software hasn't been fully tested at this point, and Ross needs to port the changes over to all OS's, so I'd suggest the update is going to be 4 or 5 days away at least.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Cindy. He has the old files. Not whatever is coming recently. He just loaded a file that zach sent him on may 9th. Its the first set of changes that ross sent out. I believe this is where the confusion is. The cat isn't out of the bag so to speak...

Atleast not on my end. But the old one is working on his. I don't yet have a running rig to try setting the max values under the different calibrations. Thats why i haven't gotten back to u. Putting my rebuilt 68 in tomorrow so i should have something to test. But once again. Its the old beta file that you sent me. Not whatever is on the horrizon.

I think the confusion comes from the use of the greek letter BETA. I am Dave's best resource for testing at this time because I am always towing. So he uses me like a typical "BETA" tester. Not the software version, just the goat who will load it and test it.
    Stealthy Dodge 07.5 2500 2wd with lots of torque multiplying assistance, and now EFI Live tuning.

Cindy, thanks for the update! I know you guys are busy so I'm glad you found time to work through this problem.

Lifetime Member

Moving on before this was resolved just wasn't an option. We've had no reports of this popping back up, so it looks like we are good to go. Release may still take a couple of days. We still have a few more changes to make.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Great news Cindy!
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

:thumbup:
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Sweet, away I go deleting...

So was this addressed in the build 200 that was released Friday? Don't see it in the list of updates and wanted to know before calling customers to reflash.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast