Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Deleted 6.7 throws "See dealer for service" message on overhead display.

I finally got the guy here for a reflash. He says that as long he's on secondary road, around 50mph, it never dings. The only time he's getting the ding is when he's on the highway at 65-70mph. If today's reflash does not fix the ding he is going to remove the CCV filter and report back in a day or two.

Well I had the most interesting DING ever on Sunday. Towed 120 miles on same road that dinged and not dinged before. No DING on highway. Then we pull into the campground and were trying to find a campspot. Some idjit in a motorhome kept stopping and blocking the road so we were crawling along and then idling for quite a while. Got about halfway around the first loop and DING DING. Then every five minutes, maybe a 1000 feet, and it DINGed. Even idling while I was unhooking the trailer it DINGED again.

I am renaming EFI Live to Hum DINGER.

My truck doesn't always DING, but when it does ...
    Stealthy Dodge 07.5 2500 2wd with lots of torque multiplying assistance, and now EFI Live tuning.

Any new news? I have about 8 customers who hate life and are requesting money back. They all haul for a living.
    Joe Kupferschmid
    Daves Diesel Angola
    www.angoladavesdiesel.com
    Diesel and gas tuning
    Personal Vehicles tunes with efi 06LBZ, 05lly, 2002 Z28, 2004 Gto

Stuff being actively tested and having some good success - but got a couple trucks still being picky... Ross is working on getting this licked once and for all, and pretty much has it on most of the trucks being tested - just want to make sure it's working all the way around and then getting it cleaned up so it's easy to use!
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

It has been a couple months since I got an update Zach. I would be more than willing to test any attempt. Mine seems to be one of those that is dinging but is not consistently dinging. Just when I think it is cured after a couple towing trips, it shows up again.
    Stealthy Dodge 07.5 2500 2wd with lots of torque multiplying assistance, and now EFI Live tuning.

shoot me an email or remind me your name and if i have the right file for your truck, I'll try to get one over to you today. I have a huge list of trucks and have been trying NOT to send out updates to all of them until it is for sure fixed (think of the support nightmare of a 100+ trucks that might not be *fixed* after the update).... Sorry that i'm not rememering your name versus what you go by on the forums.... I'm pretty sure you're one of my customers though. Let's see if i can do anything on yours.

PM sent

Zach, mine it's totally opposite, I only get it when running empty. I towed a heavy camp trailer 400 miles this past weekend and only got the ding once. When running empty though it is consistent and I can almost time when it will start going off.
    07.5 Mega stock
    00' EX-Cab MFI

Quote Originally Posted by 2500MegaDiesel View Post
    PM sent
    New tune sent!

Quote Originally Posted by Robs24vCTD View Post
    Zach, mine it's totally opposite, I only get it when running empty. I towed a heavy camp trailer 400 miles this past weekend and only got the ding once. When running empty though it is consistent and I can almost time when it will start going off.
    What OS are you running on your truck?

I'm not sure which one, it's the one you wrote my tunes with.
    07.5 Mega stock
    00' EX-Cab MFI

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast