Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Deleted 6.7 throws "See dealer for service" message on overhead display.

Lifetime Member

I could change it for the odd truck, but this fix isn't the 'right' fix moving forward. You should think of this fix as a way to alleviate the grief of a particular customer, not a way of preventing the issue from occurring.

By that statement I mean that many trucks don't have the issue, our fix is temporary, and we don't have time to change it on every truck when only a small percentage will display symptoms (it's a reactive fix, while we work on the pro-active fix)

It should also be noted that when the software is updated and includes these additional parameters the tunes should be re-written and fixed properly.

The new parameters might just make it into our next software release.

Cheers
    Cindy

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    I could change it for the odd truck, but this fix isn't the 'right' fix moving forward. You should think of this fix as a way to alleviate the grief of a particular customer, not a way of preventing the issue from occurring.

By that statement I mean that many trucks don't have the issue, our fix is temporary, and we don't have time to change it on every truck when only a small percentage will display symptoms (it's a reactive fix, while we work on the pro-active fix)

It should also be noted that when the software is updated and includes these additional parameters the tunes should be re-written and fixed properly.

The new parameters might just make it into our next software release.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Sure I completely understand one guy has been listening to this every 10 minutes on the dot for the last 3 months. I really appreciate all the hard work. hmm so this next software realease is the one that does away with they dpf/egr delete tuning from what I gather.
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Quote Originally Posted by catman3126 View Post
    Sure I completely understand one guy has been listening to this every 10 minutes on the dot for the last 3 months. I really appreciate all the hard work. hmm so this next software realease is the one that does away with they dpf/egr delete tuning from what I gather.
    from what i have gathered and someone PLEASE correct me if im wrong it only does away with DPF/EGR delete in NEW tune files. if you are already deleted and tuned out it will stay that way you just wont be able to change it, it will technically be "locked" in and you can tune away with the new software

Default Catalyst Full

I have a 2008 Cummins I tuned for a customer that is setting off the chime and catalyst full in the information center. Can I get the temporary fix for this, the customer is upset and wants his pickup back the way it was and his money back. This is why we purchased EFI Live, we were unaware of the problems that people are having. Help with this would be appreciated. Thanks

Default See Dealer

I have an 08 that was just tuned with EFI Live. On my drive to work this morning *running empty 75mph*, I got this ding and message once, but I pressed page button and it went away. It is an annoyance. Can it be resolved?

That is what this entire thread is about, as of yet there is no solid resolution. Just be fortunate your not like some of us and get the ding every 10 minutes.
    07.5 Mega stock
    00' EX-Cab MFI

Default Re: Deleted 6.7 throws "See dealer for service" message on overhead display.

And fortunate you have tuning ability. Us SCI guys are still waiting.

Lifetime Member

Sci?
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Default Re: Deleted 6.7 throws "See dealer for service" message on overhead display.

03-05 trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Robs24vCTD View Post
    That is what this entire thread is about, as of yet there is no solid resolution. Just be fortunate your not like some of us and get the ding every 10 minutes.
    Send me your current file..... and about a 30 second log of any PIDs you want so i can see the codes. Curious what is going on with yours.
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast