Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Deleted 6.7 throws "See dealer for service" message on overhead display.

OS 11720809 2008 truck is doing it on my end. It showed up in a customer's truck this evening. long story short we used this os (out of another 2008) to build his tunes. He's had them in for around a week. OH is popping up. Are we just gonna have to use a different OS to solve it??

The truck will be at my shop for an OS flash sometime this week. I'll post results either way.

Thanks. I know have two more trucks that are showing similar things. I was really hoping this was an isolated incident. Appears to be a little more common than not...

I just did an OS swap and it made no difference. Looks like I need to access the module that controls the overhead display. Possibly BCM.

Edit: I'm going to try plugging the pressure sensor back into the system but leaving the hoses disconnected. I'll report back.
    Last edited by LReiff; April 3rd, 2012 at 04:33 AM.

I've been trying to figure this one out but do you know if the trucks that are doing it have the J35 recall or not ?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by txserpent View Post
    I've been trying to figure this one out but do you know if the trucks that are doing it have the J35 recall or not ?
    As per our PM, the latest stock tunes will be hosted in several tune libraries sometime late next week. When they are posted, you will be able to test your theory.

For everyone else, it's an intermittent problem - it occurs on some trucks and not on others. Ross will look into it as soon as he can.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Last edited by cindy@efilive; April 5th, 2012 at 10:11 AM.

I am one of those Dave Matthews is attempting to help with the overhead at this time. I get the Catalyst full message with dings, only when towing. It went about 50 miles then repeated every ten miles on the freeway and about every six miles on surface streets. Two 50 mile trips not towing and no overhead message or dings. Tubes are open to atmosphere at the sensor and plugged going back to the "repaired" DPF to prevent exhaust gas flow in the tubes.
    Stealthy Dodge 07.5 2500 2wd with lots of torque multiplying assistance, and now EFI Live tuning.

Has anyone found a way around this? 1500 mile trip was annoying.
    07.5 Mega stock
    00' EX-Cab MFI

We are working on it. But it's hard when some trucks do it, others don't.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    We are working on it. But it's hard when some trucks do it, others don't.
    Ross. The overhead issue I had here locally hasn't shown back up. I have another customers truck that has a different oh message than the first one. I believe its the more predominate one. It only shows up when going down the highway cruising at a constant speed.. Especially when towing. Takes 10-30 min's to start. I drove a customers truck back from Ennis Tx this last weekend. We were towing my rig (blown trans at the drag races). It started doing it. This was the first I had seen of it and I orginally thought it was the same as the first issue. It says "Service Required, See Dealer Now" Gives you two dings, stays up there for a few minutes then goes away..

I have this particular truck in my shop till June 2nd if you need another one to test..

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast