Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injector Flow rates?

Default Injector Flow rates?

Will/can EFI live adjust injector flow rates and why would I want to if it can?

No answer? Guess I won't be buying efi live if I can't get support in thier own forum.

Lifetime Member

Relax man, I saw your post last night, but I have very limited experience with Duramax stuff. Having a post where someone says "I dont know" isnt really helpful IMO.

Have you downloaded the software and played with it? You can open and EFILive tune file without owning the hardware, it will tell you exactly what tables are available for your truck. What truck do you have, makes a difference because different ECMs use different tables.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

There is no "Injector Flow Rate" table, at least not like what is in a gasser. What are you trying to accomplish?

I am trying to gain clarification on this subject.

I have a newly purchased 2008 Chevy 2500 with the Duramax LMM motor. It has 170K, and needs a set of injectors. THis is my previous company truck I just purchased and I have had 5 injectors swapped out at various times over the last 3 years. I want to replace all 8 injectors at one time (Suggestion from Dealer and local mechanic), and when you change the injector you have to update the injector flow rates in the ECM. I am trying to find out if EFI-Live is capable of this, or if I need to purchase a 3K Tech-2 programmer from a dealer. I am not concerned about "tuning" as much as I am about repairability of my own vehicle.

Lifetime Member

You do not "have to" program the injector codes, but to answer your question, last I checked, you could not do it with EFILive for new injectors. You can program from the GPCM to ECM and vice-versa, but you can't do anything for new injectors.

I'm not familiar with diesels but if you are replacing injectors unless you are increasing or decreasing the size injector flow rate would not require changing.
    Last edited by the_red_shark; March 29th, 2012 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_red_shark View Post
    I'm not familiar with diesels but if you are replacing injectors unless you are increasing or decreasing the size injector flow rate would not require changing.
    Actually on at least 07.5 and newer dodge and duramax engines the injectors are calibrated to the ECM as far as flow rate, and if the injectors are replaced the new flow rates have to be programmed into the ECM for emissions or a code will set. They are programmed based on i believe injector serial number. This way over time the ECM compensates for expected wear in the injectors to keep fuel delivery close to desired values. It's not exact, but a heck of a lot closer than no compensation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsDK View Post
    Actually on at least 07.5 and newer dodge and duramax engines the injectors are calibrated to the ECM as far as flow rate, and if the injectors are replaced the new flow rates have to be programmed into the ECM for emissions or a code will set. They are programmed based on i believe injector serial number. This way over time the ECM compensates for expected wear in the injectors to keep fuel delivery close to desired values. It's not exact, but a heck of a lot closer than no compensation at all.
    My Snap-on Modis will allow me to change injector codes on the 6.7 cummins however I never had it on an LMM to see if it's an option because the EFILive scan tool is far superior. Unless the replacement injectors are new genuine Bosch parts, the balance numbers are meaningless.

The Snap-On software will program the ECM and the GPCM on the LMM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast