View Poll Results: should fish tuning be brought back?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes bring back fish tuning

26 74.29%
  • no leave as is

9 25.71%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: bring back fish tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by justafarmtruck View Post
    If its such a problem with a resale matter put them in a place where they are able to keep the support part going. it was unbeatable.... you could atleast do that for a matter of your own sake and ours as customers and tuners...................
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosephos View Post
    Blacky, based on the tone you are taking with me(a customer) I can assure you that you don't know the first thing about "respect" so please save it... I don't have a direct account with EFI Live...and unless you will give me as good of a discount as I had with Fish Tuning then yes I will look elsewhere. Y'all really have no sense of "the customer is always right" do you? No way to be nice about this...no way to even give us resellers notice before you pulled the plug...That's my deal...where's the respect enough to LET US KNOW before you stop all sales through Fish Tuning!
    Trevor and Kyle,

I've mulled over your posts for a good couple of days. I had until today left your posts unedited in their entirety however I have now moderated the personal attacks.

Fish Tuning was our Distributor. Their role was to Distribute products to Authorised Resellers and provide technical support and service for our product.

When the two of you got quite upset in these threads and attacked our integrity and the reasons for making our business decisions I accepted as Authorised Resellers you were aggrieved and let you express your thoughts in my backyard as the owner of this site.

Since then I've checked the information you have provided against our sales data base and question your relationship with Fish Tuning.

Both of you have purchased a single FlashScan unit each, and a handful of licenses (lets say for this exercise less than 20 a piece), you've quoted your discounts from Fish, and I can see those in our sales reports; so I have to question - are you an Authorised Reseller to obtain such discounts, or are the sales figures provided by Fish misleading of your situation?

Lets be clear here, to be an Authorised Reseller a minimum of 5 units need to be purchased up front, and annual sales targets need to be met. If you don't meet that definition, then you are an end user/tuner and not entitled to any discount on our product.

Cheers,
    Ross.
    Last edited by GMPX; March 29th, 2012 at 02:31 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

This thread sounds a lot like some of the political forums I've seen-- lots of people expressing their personal opinions and making personal attacks without knowing the facts. The only purpose that serves is stroking your own egos. For the record, I have dealt with Fish Tuning and never had anything but good experiences. But to me, that's irrelevant. The people at EFILive made a difficult decision, and whether I or anyone else agrees or disagrees with it, it was their decision to make. Many of the decisions that a business owner has to make are difficult enough without having to deal with people second-guessing and criticizing. I wonder how open some of the posters here would be to outside criticism of the decisions they make. I have written to both EFILive and Fish Tuning and offered to help with fence mending or in any other way, because I believe FlashScan is absolutely the best software, and should be available to anyone who needs it. But I guess the real reason I wrote this post is because I'm disappointed in the way some people have behaved, acting like little vindictive children who didn't get their way. I always held everyone who participates in this forum in high regard, but apparently I was operating under some false impressions. And that's been one hell of a wake up call.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

It is time for folks to pick up and move on... life goes on...its a hurdle, but hey...I run guys pistons and I'm now ordering vins from him as well. So far no issue at all. Time to pick up and move on. Go Guy, direct, or go home. I've had to put personal feelings aside and get back to business. Game on.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    As someone who is not an EFI-Live Reseller ( yet ), I would not consider anyone other that Guy and SoCal Diesel for my EFI-Live Products.

There seems to be a lot of personal animosity towards Guy, perhaps it is because he runs his business in a way in which does not work well with many of the people who purchased from Fish Tuning ?

I know whenever I needed a Workshop Cable Stream License I got it in a timely fashion, along with switches and core ecms/tcms.

I am about to shift my business model from a part time/hobby ecm exchange business model to a full time model with Auto-Cal as my primary tool I will use to deliver my tuning, I can think of no other shop than SoCal Diesel to purchase from.

I have known Guy for 9 years, since the start of the Diesel Place, perhaps when you run your business so you are fair and ethical to everyone and will not treat some of your customers better than others ( assuming that is the rub here ) there can be ego's that can be bruised.

Bottom line is Fish Tuning is gone for reasons nobody here is going to know, if the rest of you wish to remain malcontents and ignore the current EFI-Live Distributor and wish to purchase directly that is your choice, as you all cry about how inconvenienced you are if you have to purchase direct from EFi-Live. Many of the posters here have made statements that their business is being hurt by Fish Tuning being gone, how are you being hurt ? Product is in stock, in this country, and available from a distributor.

As far as customer support, if you are a Reseller why would you need a wholesale distributor to troubleshoot your product or service ? I assume that if you are reselling then you ultimately should be the responsible party for supporting what you sell.

Some other posters commented about the quality of the beta-testers, as if they are not going to be beta-testers in the future because now their feelings got hurt ! That is cutting off your nose to spite your face ! You should all be ashamed of yourselves if you choose to abandon the best product for tuning gas/diesels in the market. If you choose that path you will put yourself out of business which is better for the rest of us.

I think this whining is more about money than anything else, that is what it is always about anyway. Somebody doesn't want to give their money to SoCal Diesel and that is the rub.

look we got one of the 20 guy lovers right here ^^^^ the rest never get help from him.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Trevor and Kyle,

I've mulled over your posts for a good couple of days. I had until today left your posts unedited in their entirety however I have now moderated the personal attacks.

Fish Tuning was our Distributor. Their role was to Distribute products to Authorised Resellers and provide technical support and service for our product.

When the two of you got quite upset in these threads and attacked our integrity and the reasons for making our business decisions I accepted as Authorised Resellers you were aggrieved and let you express your thoughts in my backyard as the owner of this site.

Since then I've checked the information you have provided against our sales data base and question your relationship with Fish Tuning.

Both of you have purchased a single FlashScan unit each, and a handful of licenses (lets say for this exercise less than 20 a piece), you've quoted your discounts from Fish, and I can see those in our sales reports; so I have to question - are you an Authorised Reseller to obtain such discounts, or are the sales figures provided by Fish misleading of your situation?

Lets be clear here, to be an Authorised Reseller a minimum of 5 units need to be purchased up front, and annual sales targets need to be met. If you don't meet that definition, then you are an end user/tuner and not entitled to any discount on our product.

Cheers,
    Ross.

how do you know how many V2s ive bought??? you dont for the fact of ones ive bought didnt come from fish because i didnt know them at the time of buying them and bout lic. direct for the longest time! if they broke resale rules lets see the rules because ive never heard of map pricing on vin. lic..... now lets see this ok your calling us "little"??? so be it but guess what once agian without "little guys" there wouldnt be a need for "big guys" i.e. so cal. and it seems you dont have the nuts to leave our post untouched because you didnt want someone to see it if you edited it! i see more and more shady sides coming out of EFI Live directly everyday from this happening.... sure youll more then likely delete this because you cant handle the truth.but for most people we feel like we are lost trying to find a corner in a oval room right now because you can say oh well there is help out there bla bla bla but i have yet to have anyone to call and get that help right that secound you need it like i had with fish.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

look we got one of the 20 guy lovers right here ^^^^ the rest never get help from him.
    Really? Really? Is that the level of comment we can expect from you?

We've tried to subtly point out some "anomalies" with your so called "reseller arrangement" with Fish Tuning and you're still trying to stir up trouble? If I was is your position I'd be shutting up before you do more damage to the reputation of Fish Tuning than you already have. Just a friendly reminder that you appear to be blissfully unaware of the full implications of what has transpired recently.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Anybody wanna share?.....

Cuz, IT's TIME!.......

And I'm feelin' it comin'.....

Last edited by DoghouseDiesel; March 30th, 2012 at 10:52 AM.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Really? Really? Is that the level of comment we can expect from you?

We've tried to subtly point out some "anomalies" with your so called "reseller arrangement" with Fish Tuning and you're still trying to stir up trouble? If I was is your position I'd be shutting up before you do more damage to the reputation of Fish Tuning than you already have. Just a friendly reminder that you appear to be blissfully unaware of the full implications of what has transpired recently.

Regards
    Paul

yeah I do... because i agreed to purchase through them so they could profit on what id buy from anyone else for the fact of the tech support????? yeah i wanna play this game because you have nothing legit out yet that they did wrong. lets see your map pricing on vin. lic. please??? or do you need me to give you time to write something up?????

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

how do you know how many V2s ive bought??? you dont for the fact of ones ive bought didnt come from fish because i didnt know them at the time of buying them
    To be a reseller and qualify for the discounts that Fish Tuning was apparently giving to you, requires that Fish Tuning provide EFILive with a signed reseller agreement. We don't have that for you. So either Fish Tuning screwed up and were offering you a discount to which you were not eligible, or you are not telling the truth - which is it?

if they broke resale rules lets see the rules because ive never heard of map pricing on vin. lic.....
    The distribution contract is a contract between EFILive and their distributors. If you want to be privy to the contents of that document, then either become a distributor or ask Fish Tuning to show it to you.

now lets see this ok your calling us "little"??? so be it but guess what once agian without "little guys" there wouldnt be a need for "big guys" i.e. so cal.
    No, we are not calling you little, we are simply pointing out that you don't seem to have qualified for any form of "reseller" status. Yet it appears you are enjoying the discounts reserved for folks that do qualify and that work extremely hard to meet their sales quotas.

and it seems you dont have the nuts to leave our post untouched because you didnt want someone to see it if you edited it! i see more and more shady sides coming out of EFI Live directly everyday from this happening....
    The only comments that were removed were personal attacks on our partners. Our forum is not the place to be making personal and attacks on EFILive or on our partners. Please feel free to discuss and make comments in a civilized manner.

sure youll more then likely delete this because you cant handle the truth.
    No, you're doing a pretty good job of discrediting yourself and the folks you claim to be supporting all on your own.

but for most people we feel like we are lost trying to find a corner in a oval room right now because you can say oh well there is help out there bla bla bla but i have yet to have anyone to call and get that help right that secound you need it like i had with fish.
    As we've said many times, a new distributor should be up and running next week. In the mean time, please contact EFILive directly, send me an email (paul@efilive.com) if you want and we can get you whatever you need.

I'm reading between the lines and I may be wrong, but it seems like you've just discovered you weren't eligible for the massive discounts you were getting and now you're really pissed that you'll actually have to either: pay the retail price for your EFILive products, or actually do some reselling to qualify for those discounts. I'm sorry if you find that a problem and I'm disappointed that was not made clear to you by Fish Tuning, but it is how EFILive expects business to be done.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

seems as if there isnt a map pricing on vins. in place then ????? and your tryin to avoid that because no rule was really in place.

I dont give a shit what i have to pay for them i would of gave $150 a vin to fish just because it was worth the tech suport. ok your fixing that in due time but in due time what if we need help? well you cant get ahold of anyone if needed!
    Last edited by justafarmtruck; March 30th, 2012 at 11:11 AM.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast