View Poll Results: should fish tuning be brought back?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes bring back fish tuning

26 74.29%
  • no leave as is

9 25.71%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: bring back fish tuning.

Default bring back fish tuning.

Yes
    no

THis post has been edited by EFILive (March 30, 2102) to add the following disclaimer:

EFILive did not start this poll. This poll was started by the forum user: AllOutPerformance.

Contrary to some comments, EFILive is not requesting advice from the public regarding this situation.
    EFILive's decision is final and while this poll may allow some people to vent their frustrations, it is not being and will not be used by EFILive in any way to influence business decsions.

Regards
    Paul Blackmore
    EFILive Limited
    Last edited by Blacky; March 29th, 2012 at 10:34 AM.

Lifetime Member

I voted NO.

Because Robyn and Ira are really nice people, it's been immensely difficult process for all of us to go through. Each time something goes wrong, we've allowed 'one more chance' so as not to travel this path. Making the decision to separate is something we've agonized over. The truth of the matter is there are only so many 'one more chances' that can be offered. We truly believe we exhausted every possible option and tried our absolute best to get it resolved amicably over an extended period of time (Going back long before Cummins was even on the horizon).

While the side you see is a positive one with your relationship with Fish Tuning, I only wish that is what happened behind the scenes too. Unfortunately that wasn't the case, and we needed to get our house in order. We've lost too many development hours trying to fix something that clearly can't be fixed. To continue would be to the detriment of EFILive. We've said we won't disclose the details of the issues at hand, and unfortunately that puts us on the back foot given your strong feelings for Robyn and Ira. Please understand that there are many facets of this decision that will never be disclosed.

There is no question that Fish Tuning's support and service that they extended to their reseller network was anything other than first class - this wasn't the issue at hand.

Cheers
    Cindy

Im pretty sure I know the issue.sounds to me another dealer got upset about a customer going somewhere else?
    In my years of doing this.if you handle your biz correctly customers will never leave or look for better service.because at the end of the day its all the same product and that being said people will go where there treated the best.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by AllOutPerformance View Post
    Im pretty sure I know the issue.sounds to me another dealer got upset about a customer going somewhere else?
    In my years of doing this.if you handle your biz correctly customers will never leave or look for better service.because at the end of the day its all the same product and that being said people will go where there treated the best.
    I do know the issueS, and can assure you that you have incorrect information.

Cheers
    Cindy

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I voted NO as well. Not because I want to see Fish Tuning gone, but because it is in the best interests of EFILive and the majority of EFILive resellers and end users.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    I do know the issueS, and can assure you that you have incorrect information.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Cindy... speaking for all of us FORMER Fish Tuning customers I think you and the other members at EFI Live owe us all a real reason for dropping Fish Tuning. I had 3 inquiries today for tuning & an autocal sell... Now that my EFI Live distributor is no longer, I had to turn that business away. Your decision has cost me money and some embarrassment and so I just want to know why? We get that you claim to give chance after chance...but what were these reasons Ira & Robyn needed a second chance? Hmm? I seriously doubt that you will tell us... EFI Live has taken a turn for the worst and I doubt that you would even offer me the discount that Fish Tuning did formerly...and I KNOW you couldn't touch the quick response and technical assistance that they provided...7 days a week... and during our business hours in the US... EFI Live has a created a black eye for itself today and lost a truly wonderful distributor... I'm not even writing this based on any friendship I've had with Robyn & Ira, but from the unmatched support and service that they have provided. As I said earlier...you owe us the truth...the whole truth...EFI Live is not the only company out there who sells tuning software for GM...not nearly... Keep that in mind before you make decisions to pull the plug on the source where many of us buy our products... Imagine my face when I told my customers that I could have their trucks tuned and the autocal in house by Friday...and then had to call them back and let them know I can't do it... You know where they probably went? Down the road to the guy with HP Tuner... So please... if nothing else PM me your reasoning or post it here for all... You(EFI LIVE) owe it to all of us.. YOU really do...
    Last edited by GMPX; March 29th, 2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Removed personal attacks

If its such a problem with a resale matter put them in a place where they are able to keep the support part going. it was unbeatable.... you could atleast do that for a matter of your own sake and ours as customers and tuners................... but to me it sounds like they cant say anything because someone did some sucking up and they are just trying to cover their selfs if theres a reason say it your a company you are to tell your customers these things! if someone called and asked me can you tune my truck and i said no and they asked why should i just say welllll just because????..... no i dont think that would fly and it would give me a bad name to.... so what makes you any better by doing that???? id agree with there is other tuning software and money that could be invested and developed on those items to

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I voted NO as well. Not because I want to see Fish Tuning gone, but because it is in the best interests of EFILive and the majority of EFILive resellers and end users.
    Regards
    Paul
    Best interest of the end user?and reseller? I'm both and have talked to others and i would love to know your basis for this opinion.

My guess we will have no votes from the efi live staff. Just a thought.
    Last edited by GMPX; March 29th, 2012 at 10:47 AM.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bosephos View Post
    So please... if nothing else PM me your reasoning or post it here for all... You(EFI LIVE) owe it to all of us.. YOU really do...
    Dear Bosephos,

We do not owe you an explanation. It is none of your business.

The only reason we will not speak publicly about the reasons is out of respect for Fish Tuning. I'd personally love to explain what went wrong, who did what and why it resulted in this outcome.
    However, I believe it would be extremely embarrassing to Fish Tuning. I don't want to air that laundry in public, I'm pretty sure Fish Tuning do not want me discussing it in public and it is entirely inappropriate to be doing so.

If you can't accept what we have done and if you believe (or have been led to believe) that what we have done has been done for personal or otherwise unethical reasons, then feel free to go purchase your tuning needs elsewhere.

You do realize that you can order product directly from EFILive and have it shipped FedEx in 24 hours. So turning away customers is a bit counter productive don't you think?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast