View Poll Results: should fish tuning be brought back?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes bring back fish tuning

26 74.29%
  • no leave as is

9 25.71%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: bring back fish tuning.

It will remain open Guy, the two posters who are contributing nothing but personal insults like 5th graders will be banned if it continues.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Wow, this thread really took a crazy turn. First off let me say I like Ira and Robyn, they have been great to talk to and Robyn has been all over me about becoming a reseller. I have not yet and I have not sold any product, just using it for ourselves. I have also been paying full price for it. I do not expect a discount when I have not lived up to my end of the deal. I have the latest agreement that was out and I had planned on filling it out and sending in my order for the first 5 V2's. As Robyn knows becasue I told her many times I just have not had time to do it. I was also concerned about percentages etc. I sent Paul a PM earlier that hopefully I will get a reply to. I don't have any ill feelings toward EFI Live, I really like the product and it has made my cal work much quicker and easier since I went to it. Now I would like to go the next step and offer it to our customers that would prefer it and have it in stock on the East Coast. Look, this thing with Fish Tuning is unfortunate, but you know these things happen and everyone will be fine. Remeber when AT&T broke up, everyone thought it would be the end, but they are still here and now there are more to choose from. I am sure Ira and Robyn are going to be just fine, and I will buy at least one of those cases when they come in, but it is what it is and everyone needs to get on with moving forward. I wish Ira and Robyn well, thank you for all the help and we will talk again. EFI Live is always only going to get better, and to be honest while everyone is complaining about support, what exact support are you talking about. I have found that really every question can be answered in the manual which is huge. Yes Ira could help with quick question on why my new license will not load or how do I get my AutoCal to work, because I called with those questions because honestly I was too lazy to look it up here or look in the manual. All the answers to our questions are out there if we choose to look and I personally will still support EFI Live and at some point will start reselling their products. If someone is buying these at discounts and they are not a legit business and purchasing by the rules than that is an issue. That would keep me from purchasing EFI Live products, so if that is what it is about then I am happy that they have chosen to have a strict structure for resale and I personally love MAP pricing. As a large company I have a difficult time competing with someone who is selling product out of their living room, they don't stock it and they are not purchasing per the structure we are having to, so kudos to EFI Live for enforcing this.
    Justin
    Last edited by J.Abbott; March 30th, 2012 at 03:45 PM.

Where's the LIKE button when ya need it.

Very well said.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

Quote Originally Posted by Trippin View Post
    I have been the subject of numerous undeserved attackes recently. I started a post for this thread last night. I wanted to read, re-read and then ask EFILive to approve, before actually posting. I was busy most of today on the phone with EFILive tech support and did not get a chance to finish my thoughts. I respectfully ask for space to be reserved in this thread for my post, should the thread be closed.
    I say close it. Ill admit my emotions ran high. I felt betrayed. But I spoke and acted like a jackass. Sorry for that Guy. Sorry everyone. I just wish Fish Tuning the best of luck and the same goes for EFI Live. Id simply ask that Ira stay somewhat in the loop for future cummins switches!!! :-)

Everyone take care!

Its sad to see fish tuning go, when i burnt my v2 i talked to them and had it repaired within a week. A couple years ago i would order vin licences thru the site and didnt received then till 2 days later, and there i was calling fish tuning and they would resolve my problems within a call. I had exellent customer service epecially since they are based here in the US. Btw they even answered on sundays

Quote Originally Posted by Bosephos View Post
    I say close it. Ill admit my emotions ran high. I felt betrayed. But I spoke and acted like a jackass. Sorry for that Guy. Sorry everyone. I just wish Fish Tuning the best of luck and the same goes for EFI Live. Id simply ask that Ira stay somewhat in the loop for future cummins switches!!! :-)

Everyone take care!
    I think we got to see the true colors of many people this week. I'm sure it was as eye opening for EFILive as it was for me. I must admit, it was pretty difficult for me to watch my reputation and my company's dragged through the mud with baseless accusations. EFILive and I knew there would be a certain amount of blowback. I guess you could say I took one for the team.

Funny thing is, you guys are defending and supporting the very guy that was betraying you. I'd be pretty pissed of if i was an Authorized Reseller that had purchased 5 units up front and then found out my Distributor was selling to others at the same price i was paying without requiring them to purchase the same amount up front. Yet you guys allowed yourselves to be manipulated into thinking i was the bad guy, without any concrete evidence at all, just the word of someone trying to get you to fight a battle he had already lost with EFILive. As much as some of you would like to think I had something to do with this, the reality is quite the opposite. Fish Tuning self destructed all on their own. The folks at EFILive are extremely intelligent, principled and loyal people, they have agonized over this decision for a long time. First, second, third, and more chances were given. Fish Tuning even admitted they knew it was coming.
    J
    There is no reason any of you Authorized Resellers should have missed out on any sales this week as I always have product in stock, and I will honor all Authorized Reseller's pricing. Many have already come to me and found the transition was as easy as making a phone call.

To those of you that are not Authorized Resellers, yet have been receiving sweetheart pricing deals, let's get you the 5 units up front that you need and get you signed up. You obviously have experienced the benefits of using and selling the EFILive product line.

Remember, I'm here to help you become successful with EFILive, I'm not your competition. I don't sell retail as some have accused me of, any and all sales leads I receive from the SocCal Diesel/EFILive web page are distributed evenly among resellers on my team.

Respectfully,

Guy Tripp

President
    SoCal Diesel

(Please excuse any typing mistakes as this was drafted and posted with an iphone while sitting on the side of a field at a soccer tournament in San Diego)
    www.socaldiesel.com

EFILive-DSP5......Switch your Attitude!
    EFILive-CSP5......The Smart Way To Switch Your Cummins Tunes!
    EFILive-DSP4......Switch Your Colorado and Canyon Too!

Quote Originally Posted by Trippin View Post

I think we got to see the true colors of many people this week. I'm sure it was as eye opening for EFILive as it was for me. I must admit, it was pretty difficult for me to watch my reputation and my company's dragged through the mud with baseless accusations. EFILive and I knew there would be a certain amount of blowback. I guess you could say I took one for the team.

Funny thing is, you guys are defending and supporting the very guy that was betraying you. I'd be pretty pissed of if i was an Authorized Reseller that had purchased 5 units up front and then found out my Distributor was selling to others at the same price i was paying without requiring them to purchase the same amount up front. Yet you guys allowed yourselves to be manipulated into thinking i was the bad guy, without any concrete evidence at all, just the word of someone trying to get you to fight a battle he had already lost with EFILive. As much as some of you would like to think I had something to do with this, the reality is quite the opposite. Fish Tuning self destructed all on their own. The folks at EFILive are extremely intelligent, principled and loyal people, they have agonized over this decision for a long time. First, second, third, and more chances were given. Fish Tuning even admitted they knew it was coming.
    J
    There is no reason any of you Authorized Resellers should have missed out on any sales this week as I always have product in stock, and I will honor all Authorized Reseller's pricing. Many have already come to me and found the transition was as easy as making a phone call.

To those of you that are not Authorized Resellers, yet have been receiving sweetheart pricing deals, let's get you the 5 units up front that you need and get you signed up. You obviously have experienced the benefits of using and selling the EFILive product line.

Remember, I'm here to help you become successful with EFILive, I'm not your competition. I don't sell retail as some have accused me of, any and all sales leads I receive from the SocCal Diesel/EFILive web page are distributed evenly among resellers on my team.

Respectfully,

Guy Tripp

President
    SoCal Diesel

(Please excuse any typing mistakes as this was drafted and posted with an iphone while sitting on the side of a field at a soccer tournament in San Diego)

I have never done business with Guy or even spoke to him before. I must admit after reading some of the post on here I was hesitant to call. So Thursday I finally called and it was very easy and only took a couple of minutes. We ended up talking about 30 mins on the phone about all kinds of interesting gas and diesel performance things. I dont like basing opinions on hearsay and Im glad I called Guy. So my first impression and actual dealings with Guy were great.

Lorenz

I find it funny how people jump to conclusions without knowing the facts.........a lot of people here shot from the hip and made themselves look like idiots.

It would seem to me that after the dust settles that a business reputation can be easily torn apart and yet will take immense time, energy and effort to restore.

To those who jumped to conclusions without having the facts I would suggest a public apology to both EFI-Live and Guy are in order, anything short of a public apology will once again remind us of what kind of character you all have. You don't have to like a person or agree with a person, but when you are wrong you should man up and offer an apology.

It seems that out of respect for Ira and Robyn the reasons for the parting of the ways was meant to be kept quiet, but those who were apparently getting deals they should not have been getting pushed and pushed and in the process unfairly trashed SoCal Diesel and Guy, not good IMHO.

I am glad that the truth has come out, maybe now the illegitimate resellers will have to step up and become legitimate, make the minimum buy-in and sign the reseller agreements.

I also hope that EFI-LIVE makes a business decision to strictly enforce the resellers agreements and if and when a new Distributor is chosen that company also vigorously enforces the agreements as well.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Purchased through Guy this week and he took great care of me. We are looking forward to the future of Efilive, and our new venture with Guy Tripp. Thanks again Guy.

-Kory@PowerPerformance/Calvin's
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

So in the end. the bitching come about from guys who were getting sweet heart prices when they weren't entitled to them.

What a bunch of sooks. Surely if you tune enough vehicles you would eventually buy stream licenses.

I have no quarms in paying the RRP direct from efilive, as for me there is no point going through third party's for the same price. I always like to cut out the middle man.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast