View Poll Results: should fish tuning be brought back?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes bring back fish tuning

26 74.29%
  • no leave as is

9 25.71%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: bring back fish tuning.

Yes...at least give Ira & Robyn some compensation & keep them on as tech support for the US... You have NO IDEA how well they cover those bases... SCT & HP Tuner is sounding better and better...up until today I would've never said that...

But the other companys can do the same and keep us productive with better customer support then offered by you guys at the moment......... Work something out with them if its such a big deal about how they went about selling in your book! we want the customer support and service! I garentee you wont have that unless it is by them!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Dear Bosephos,

We do not owe you an explanation. It is none of your business.

The only reason we will not speak publicly about the reasons is out of respect for Fish Tuning. I'd personally love to explain what went wrong, who did what and why it resulted in this outcome.
    However, I believe it would be extremely embarrassing to Fish Tuning. I don't want to air that laundry in public, I'm pretty sure Fish Tuning do not want me discussing it in public and it is entirely inappropriate to be doing so.

If you can't accept what we have done and if you believe (or have been led to believe) that what we have done has been done for personal or otherwise unethical reasons, then feel free to go purchase your tuning needs elsewhere.

You do realize that you can order product directly from EFILive and have it shipped FedEx in 24 hours. So turning away customers is a bit counter productive don't you think?

Regards
    Paul
    How bout you give me the "respect" and remember I'M THE CUSTOMER!

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post

There is no question that Fish Tuning's support and service that they extended to their reseller network was anything other than first class - this wasn't the issue at hand.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Having first class customer service and support means as much to me as having first class beta testers does to Ross and Paul. Whatever the reason for dismissing Fish Tuning as a distributor was, it really don't matter. They are gone and they were what made my business run for me and my family. Why do I have to walk away from a product I believe in just because of a business decision by EFI Live? I put my trust in Robyn and Ira to be there when I needed them and now I don't have any choice but buy direct. International Bank Fees and time zone differences make buying direct a difficult choice. The thing is, I'm not a quiter and you can't fire me. I'll get by, but it might not be whats best for everybody. It's going to be what's best for my family, my business, and me. I'm making some of my own business decisions. Stay tuned!!
    Last edited by GMPX; March 29th, 2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Removed personal attacks
    2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    Having first class customer service and support means as much to me as having first class beta testers does to Ross and Paul. Whatever the reason for dismissing Fish Tuning as a distributor was, it really don't matter. They are gone and they were what made my business run for me and my family. Why do I have to walk away from a product I believe in just because of a business decision by EFI Live? I put my trust in Robyn and Ira to be there when I needed them and now I don't have any choice but buy from direct. International Bank Fees and time zone differences make buying direct a difficult choice. The thing is, I'm not a quiter and you can't fire me. I'll get by, but it might not be whats best for everybody. It's going to be what's best for my family, my business, and me. I'm making some of my own business decisions. Stay tuned!!
    Bobo hit the nail on the head...
    Last edited by GMPX; March 29th, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bosephos View Post
    Cindy... speaking for all of us FORMER Fish Tuning customers I think you and the other members at EFI Live owe us all a real reason for dropping Fish Tuning. I had 3 inquiries today for tuning & an autocal sell... Now that my EFI Live distributor is no longer, I had to turn that business away. Your decision has cost me money and some embarrassment and so I just want to know why?
    Why has our decision cost you embarrassment and money? Why have you had to turn business away? All resellers received communication with several methods of alternative ordering. There are no out of stocks, and no supply issues.

We get that you claim to give chance after chance...but what were these reasons Ira & Robyn needed a second chance? Hmm? I seriously doubt that you will tell us....
    As said above resellers have been given a range of ordering options, Guy is merely one of those options.

You have hurt a lot of us with this...EFI Live has taken a turn for the worst and I doubt that you would even offer me the discount that Fish Tuning did formerly...and I KNOW you couldn't touch the quick response and technical assistance that they provided...7 days a week... and during our business hours in the US... EFI Live has a created a black eye for itself today and lost a truly wonderful distributor...
    We have been hurt and let down on many occasions through the direct actions of Fish Tuning. We've sort remedy through internal communications, external consultants, business practice changes, additional monitoring and clear communication to remedy. If you are to be at anyone it should not be us, it should be Fish Tuning. Their continual breaches have pushed themselves down this path.

I'm not even writing this based on any friendship I've had with Robyn & Ira, but from the unmatched support and service that they have provided. As I said earlier...you owe us the truth...the whole truth...EFI Live is not the only company out there who sells tuning software for GM...not nearly... Keep that in mind before you make decisions to pull the plug on the source where many of us buy our products...
    If you think we've made a decision at the toss of a coin, you are wrong. It's been a carefully considered move. We've spent countless days, weeks, months and years considering how to manage the unmanageable. At the end of the day, there was no other choice.

Imagine my face when I told my customers that I could have their trucks tuned and the autocal in house by Friday...and then had to call them back and let them know I can't do it... You know where they probably went? Down the road to the guy with HP Tuner... So please... if nothing else PM me your reasoning or post it here for all... You(EFI LIVE) owe it to all of us.. YOU really do...
    How you chose to manage your business is your decision. We retain the same right in managing ours. I still don't understand why you had to turn away business. There are several options available in terms of obtaining stock, and there are no customer support delays.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Last edited by GMPX; March 29th, 2012 at 11:51 AM.

Subcribed.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Having first class customer service and support means as much to me as having first class beta testers does to Ross and Paul. Whatever the reason for dismissing Fish Tuning as a distributor was, it really don't matter. They are gone and they were what made my business run for me and my family. Why do I have to walk away from a product I believe in just because of a business decision by EFI Live? I put my trust in Robyn and Ira to be there when I needed them. International Bank Fees and time zone differences make buying direct a difficult choice. The thing is, I'm not a quiter and you can't fire me. I'll get by, but it might not be whats best for everybody. It's going to be what's best for my family, my business, and me. I'm making some of my own business decisions. Stay tuned!!
    I could not of said this better myself Bobo... same boat...
    Last edited by GMPX; March 29th, 2012 at 11:53 AM.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Lifetime Member

Having first class customer service and support means as much to me as having first class beta testers does to Ross and Paul. Whatever the reason for dismissing Fish Tuning as a distributor was, it really don't matter. They are gone and they were what made my business run for me and my family. Why do I have to walk away from a product I believe in just because of a business decision by EFI Live? I put my trust in Robyn and Ira to be there when I needed them and now I don't have any choice but buy from Guy or direct. International Bank Fees and time zone differences make buying direct a difficult choice. A lot of my customers don't like Guy because he has made bad business deals with them, so I don't feel that is a good avenue either. The thing is, I'm not a quiter and you can't fire me. I'll get by, but it might not be whats best for everybody. It's going to be what's best for my family, my business, and me. I'm making some of my own business decisions. Stay tuned!!
    Bob, we feel the same way. Robyn and Ira were like family to us too. But like everything in life, it doesn't always work out the way you hope or plan. This decision has been extremely painful for us, as I am sure it is for them. We understand that different resellers have different needs, and like in all facets of life not everyone gets along. If we were all the same we'd still be driving black T model Fords.

We do ask that you bear with us in the short term, and allow us the opportunity to set up a business structure that is both beneficial to our reseller and customer network as well as our commercial and business needs. If you personally need anything taken care of, you know how to contact me directly and I will strive to ensure that the customer service levels you've become accustomed to will continue to be delivered.

Cheers
    Cindy

Thank you, Cindy. Is there any timeline in place?
    2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast