Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Public release, March 29, 2012

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Public release, March 29, 2012

Public Release of the EFILive V7.5 and V8 software is now available for download.
    If you use this software and something fails please inform us immediately so we can fix it asap.
    If the issue is minor, post the issue in this thread. If the issue is major please start a new thread and post a link to the new thread in this thread.

(All we ask is that you make allowances for the time difference between you place and ours - sometimes it will work in your favor, sometimes you may need to wait. We are currently 3 hours behind the US west coast time. So we will be online checking for issues from about 11:30am to 10:00pm US west coast time.)

Please familiarize yourself with the updates that have been made in all RC versions. You may need to manage the differences between this RC10 release and whatever public release your customers may be using. Including helping them to convert their existing *.ctd files to *.ctz files. See the section below under the *.ctd v's *.ctz file format heading, it explains the automatic conversion tools available to help you and your customers convert those files.

We plan for this public release to be the stable release that is currently scheduled to go live on March 31, 2012.

Auto Update:

This latest version uses a new installer from Indigo Rose that is not compatible with the current public release V7.5 and V8 software that has been installed with the QSetup installer.
    The installer will automatically check for and uninstall incompatible versions of EFILive. In previous updates some user data (such as registration details) was accidentally being overwritten. This installer attempts to backup and restore that user data so that it is not lost. However, we also recommend backing up your \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5 folder prior to installing this update over the top of the previous public release. That way if any files do get overwritten or deleted, you can always restore them from your backup copy.

The new installer supports auto updating but it will not be enabled until the full public release of the EFILive software.
    For now, please download and install this release candidate using the links below.

Manual download/install available here:

Important information
    Boot block and Firmware updates
    Please update your FlashScan and AutoCal boot blocks to V2.07.04 (Dec 13, 2011) and the firmware to V2.07.26 (Mar 28, 2012).
    The boot block update fixes a problem with AutoCal's LCD in low temperatures.
    After updating to firmware V2.07.26, you will no longer be able to revert back to an earlier version of the firmware.

*.ctd v's *.ctz file format
    *.ctd (calibration tune data) files are no longer supported by the latest FlashScan and AutoCal firmware. The new file format supported by FlashScan and AutoCal is *.ctz (calibration tune zip) files. The V7.5 and V8 software will continue to allow you to open/read *.ctd files but you can only save files in the new *.ctz file format. This is only a concern for tuners that are sending tune files to their customers. If you want to send *.ctz files to your customers, then your customers must also have the latest V7.5 and V8 software installed and must also have their FlashScans and AutoCals updated with the latest firmware.

We have added an auto conversion feature in the V8 Scan and Tune software that will automatically convert all the *.ctd files to *.ctz files in any folder (and sub-folders) that you select. You can also automatically convert all the *.ctd files to *.ctz files on a FlashScan or AutoCal device. Look for the F8: Tools option in the main Scan and Tune window.

Script Files (i.e. *.obj files used to read/flash the controllers - not to be confused with script files that are used to automate calibration updates)
    Script files have been updated. The latest script files should be copied to FlashScan/AutoCal devices.

Known Issues:
    Issue #1
    Attempting to read a CMB/CMC controller using standalone reading (BBR) when no vehicle is connected to FlashScan/AutoCal may cause FlashScan/AutoCal to hang. In that case you should power cycle FlashScan/AutoCal to regain control.
    Issue #2
    Sometimes the fields on the "Security Restrictions" panel in the "F3: Tune" -> "F4: Properties" window are not visible - select another panel, then re-select the "Security Restrictions" panel to make them visible again.

Reporting Issues:
    If you discover any problems/faults, please make a note of them in this thread.
    For urgent or complicated issues, please create a support ticket here: http://support.efilive.com

What's new in this update:
    For a description of previous updates, please see the RC10 release thread here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?18780-Release-Candidate-10-(updated)-Mar-21-2012
    and here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....10-Mar-11-2012

Changes in this update:

• Changed the "FSV2 Link" message on unlinked AutoCals so that it only shows once when the device is powered on and they can be now configured before they are linked.
    • Calibration name searches are now case insensitive, so searching for B0101 and b0101 yield the same result.
    • V8 License display for used/available VIN licenses now matches V7 display.
    • Disabled buttons in other EFILive windows that attempt to send commands to FlashScan/AutoCal when V8 pass-thru read or flash is active.
    • Added "Paste Error Correction" options for updating tables with BEN factor error correction data from the clipboard.
    • Added "Paste help" option at bottom of paste menu in V7 tuning tool.
    • Fixed AL5 Read and Flash in V8.
    • Added E55 BBL.
    • Added E55 pass-thru scanning for V7.
    • Added E78 VVE table support.
    • Fixed installer which was installing V7 documentation into the wrong folder.

Regards
    The EFILive Development Team
    Last edited by Blacky; June 21st, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

If I try to save a .ctz file as a secure file in v7.5 with the check box, it makes me lock it to a v2 or it will not save the file. I shouldn't need to do that unless I'm saving it for remote flashing.
    2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    If I try to save a .ctz file as a secure file in v7.5 with the check box, it makes me lock it to a v2 or it will not save the file. I shouldn't need to do that unless I'm saving it for remote flashing.
    That is by design now.

With this new design you may unlock the file again should you need to. But to unlock it you need to have the original FlashScan device connected. That prevents anyone else from unlocking your tune file.

Previously, you were not able to unlock any file that was locked. With that, the risk was someone would lock one of their original tune files and then they would lose access to it forever.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks Blacky and EFILive team! So, the '11 E78 support is updated / upgraded but still no 2012 Cruze 1.4t, right?
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

2012 Cruze is in there, but, I forgot to add two important torque tables, without them it won't make more power than stock, however both the 2012 OS's have had the tables added today and will get in to a release ASAP.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Installed,

Thank you for the quick updates and fixes.

Lifetime Member

Was the GM.EOPS PID removed from this release?
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Lifetime Member

Got the licensing bug in V8 fixed!

Can you setup the F5 DTCs to NOT automatically select the Chrysler Powertrain and Network codes? I dont do any Cummins stuff right now so having those always selected eats up valuable space in the config file system. Every time I unselect them and reopen V8 S&T, they are automatically re-selected. So every time I update my V2 I have to go into that tab and deselect those checkboxes. If I unselect the GM ones and leave the Chrsyler ones selected and save the file and reopen, the Chrysler ones are unselected. Theres some weird behavior occurring there... Seems like either ALL are selected or NONE are, shouldn't I be able to choose?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Got the licensing bug in V8 fixed!

Can you setup the F5 DTCs to NOT automatically select the Chrysler Powertrain and Network codes? I dont do any Cummins stuff right now so having those always selected eats up valuable space in the config file system. Every time I unselect them and reopen V8 S&T, they are automatically re-selected. So every time I update my V2 I have to go into that tab and deselect those checkboxes. If I unselect the GM ones and leave the Chrsyler ones selected and save the file and reopen, the Chrysler ones are unselected. Theres some weird behavior occurring there... Seems like either ALL are selected or NONE are, shouldn't I be able to choose?
    Change the settings to what you want and save as: \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\Options.txt (or any filename really)
    When the software starts, it loads the most recently saved/opened config file and that's what you'll see.
    You can see the file name in the window title bar.

Also you can just press the [Read] button to read the current config from your V2.

Regards
    Paul

There is a possible situation that can cause confusion. After programming the config into a V2 device, the current folder may have been changed to \My Documents\EFILive\V8\tmp. That is the folder where the current settings are temporarily saved as Options.txt prior to downloading to the device. If you save your file after programming the device, it may be inadvertently saved into the tmp folder and will not be re-loaded when the software next starts. So make sure you save the file into the \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config folder.

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast