Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Public release, March 29, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Did your tuner lock it?
    Sorry, as in read. I meant it won't read the tune that is currently in the truck..

If your tuner locked it. You can't read the file that's in the truck. Or view the file in the Tune software. All you can do is flash over it.. Only if the tune that is currently on your truck is locked. Not the tune your trying to flash in.. COurse if that ones locked too. You'll have the same issue with it.

can i ask when the accessory power flicker at about the 46kb mark on the e38's happened?

i only flash with the 7.5 program and it's annoying as all hell when programming and it resets anything powered up by the accessory power circuits, including the stereo and lights. (in ve commodores).

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    can i ask when the accessory power flicker at about the 46kb mark on the e38's happened?

i only flash with the 7.5 program and it's annoying as all hell when programming and it resets anything powered up by the accessory power circuits, including the stereo and lights. (in ve commodores).
    It happens when a packet that gets sent to the ECM is not received correctly. The CAN bus is reset and the failed packet is retried. Resetting the CAN bus causes modules other than the one that is being flashed to also reset.

Does it always happen at exactly the same place?

Why can't you flash using the V8 software?
    If you can use the V8 software, does it reset with the V8 software as well?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

i havent tried flashing with the v8 because i cant see the point in shutting down the 7.5 editor to open it in v8, then find the file to flash. (sounds lazy but it only takes 40 seconds to flash with 7.5 anyway)

i've been flashing on acc power only aswell to see if that makes a difference and it doesnt.

I'll give v8 a go and report back.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    i havent tried flashing with the v8 because i cant see the point in shutting down the 7.5 editor to open it in v8, then find the file to flash. (sounds lazy but it only takes 40 seconds to flash with 7.5 anyway)

i've been flashing on acc power only aswell to see if that makes a difference and it doesnt.

I'll give v8 a go and report back.
    You don't need to shut down V7.5 to flash with V8. You can run them both at the same time.
    You just can't have the V7.5 tool connected to FlashScan at the same time the V8 tool is connected.
    However, if you're just using the V7 tool to edit/save files then there should be no problem having the v8 tool running as well to use for flashing.
    Make sure you start V7 first so it "sees" the FlashScan device when it starts.

Here's some hints to help manage the connection:
    • The EFILive Scan Tool is always connected to FlashScan once you click on the [Connect] button. You must disconnect the V7 Scan Tool prior to using the V8 software to do anything that requires connecting to FlashScan.
    • The EFILive Tune Tool is only connected to FlashScan when one of the following windows is open:
      • Read
      • Flash
      • Full-Flash
      • Locking
      • PCM Info
      • VIN Licensing

• The V8 software is always connected once a connection to FlashScan has been established.
    • You can temporarily disconnect the V8 software by right clicking on the FlashScan icon in the System Tray (on the task bar near the clock) and selecting Disconnect. V8 will automatically reconnect if you perform any action in V8 that requires a connection. However that connection will fail if the V7 software currently has a connection to FlashScan.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Hi guys I keep getting a V2 $050B on files that were working for bbx flash up until this release. I've tried saving as .tun and .ctz and even autocal ctz. Also tried opening and re-saving it from v7.5 and v8. Same error. Firmware and bootblock are up to date. Not a very big deal as I can still do normal flashes but sometimes I like not using the laptop. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by ls1mike View Post
    Hi guys I keep getting a V2 $050B on files that were working for bbx flash up until this release. I've tried saving as .tun and .ctz and even autocal ctz. Also tried opening and re-saving it from v7.5 and v8. Same error. Firmware and bootblock are up to date. Not a very big deal as I can still do normal flashes but sometimes I like not using the laptop. Any advice?
    Hi Mike,

You have to do Program All on the BBx configuration.

I had done that but did it again and it worked. Formatted first this time in case it happens to anyone else.

I am having issues with my V2 updating the Boot Block and Firmware. Says Flashscan is unresponsive?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast