Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Public release, March 29, 2012

Lifetime Member

Ok, what firmware/bootblock are you currently using on your V2?

After a certain bb/fw, you need to use the EFILive Control Panel application to flash and NOT the V2 Programmer software (was released initially so we could program the V2 before the V8 stuff was released).

First, make sure you're running the latest and greatest software (V7.5.7 build 204 and V8.2.1 build 195) from the main downloads page Link to EFILive Software Downloads.

Try this, plug your V2 in, open V8 Scan & Tune, then click the little V2 icon that pops up near the windows clock. Then click F6 Firmware, click Update BootBlock. Wait for your V2 to enter dead-poll (2 amber LEDs flashing alternately), then click Update Firmware. Should program then reboot your V2, then you can use V8 to read/flash. Also you need to recopy all of your BBX settings if you're using any of the standalone reading/flashing/scanning features.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	229 
Size:	247.1 KB 
ID:	13083I changed everything as described on post #95 and just got a chance to try reflashing. Still having the same issue. Any ideas?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mickeycarter08 View Post
    I changed everything as described on post #95 and just got a chance to try reflashing. Still having the same issue. Any ideas?
    Did you try right-clicking on the EFILive Tune Tool icon and selecting "Run as Administrator"?
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks for the tips. I checked and its says the firmware is up to date andI could not find the icon (V2) you mentioned. I tried several times to get the unit into dead-poll mode. It seems that the upgrade broke something. have you ever tried rolling the version back and just starting over?

Regards,
    Ken

Name:	Firmware3.png 
Views:	239 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	13099

Quote Originally Posted by krobinson2@nc.rr.com View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I checked and its says the firmware is up to date andI could not find the icon (V2) you mentioned. I tried several times to get the unit into dead-poll mode. It seems that the upgrade broke something. have you ever tried rolling the version back and just starting over?

Regards,
    Ken
    The sceen shot you posted a few days ago showing the message that "FlashScan is not in deadpoll" is from the V7.5 firmware programmer. That firmware programmer is only for programming the firmware of devices with boot block V2.04.xx or earlier. Your device now has boot block V2.07.xx so you should be using the V8 EFILive Control Panel software to update your firmware from now on.

If you are attempting to use the V7.5 software to read or flash your LS1, and if it is still giving you the "software/firmware is not compatible" message, that means one of two things:
    1. The firmware is not up to date
    or
    2. The V7.5 software is not up to date.
    Given that your screen shot shows the firmware is up to date, that can only leave the V7 software that needs updating.

Just FYI, the V7.5 and V8 software need updating separately, updating one does not update the other.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by krobinson2@nc.rr.com View Post
    ... I could not find the icon (V2) you mentioned ...
    Hello Ken,

It often seems like everyone's Notebook computers are configured a little differently, and / or run various versions of Windows. Try plugging your V2 into a USB port - wait for the V2 to power up (boot or enter dead poll). Then launch the EFILive Explorer utility. The EFILive Control Panel icon should then appear at the bottom of your screen on the Taskbar. At this point, the EFILive Control Panel will probably open automatically - if it detects an issue with the Bootblock or Firmware. If not, left click on the icon to open it.

Hopefully this helps ....

Regards,
    Taz

As Taz said, the icon can be difficult to find depending on how various desktops are configured.
    The latest V8 software version, available here: http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133
    has an easy to use button that opens the control panel at the firmware page and shows you the firmware status.

Name:	checkfirmware.png 
Views:	247 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	13100

Regards
    Paul

Just installed the May 5th update, V8 updated fine with the "Check Updates" and V7.5 keeps saying it cannot find EFI-LIVE V7.5 on my system, I downloaded the update only .exe file and it still gives me the same error message.

I am running WinXP Professional - Version 2002 - Service Pack 3

Any ideas ?????

I downloaded the full V7.5 update and that took care of it
    Last edited by GMC-2002-Dmax; May 5th, 2012 at 03:57 PM.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    Just installed the May 5th update, V8 updated fine with the "Check Updates" and V7.5 keeps saying it cannot find EFI-LIVE V7.5 on my system, I downloaded the update only .exe file and it still gives me the same error message.

I am running WinXP Professional - Version 2002 - Service Pack 3

Any ideas ?????

I downloaded the full V7.5 update and that took care of it
    If the patch exe cannot verify the sha1 hash for each installed file then it will not allow the patch to proceed.

The most likely reason you see that message is not because of anything that went wrong at your end but that one build of V7 was released with incorrect sha1 hash files. Unfortunately that means that build it cannot be patched (I think it was build 202).

If you get that error all you need to do is download the full install and install that.

Once you do the full install of build 205 then the patch updates will work correctly again.

Regards
    Paul

This happened to me as well on my Windows Vista PC that had build V7 Build 204 on it. Will try Full Installing Build 205 and report back when further updates are ran to see if this problem reoccurs. Note: V7 Build 204 was installed on my Windows XP Laptop and it successfully auto updated.

-Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    If the patch exe cannot verify the sha1 hash for each installed file then it will not allow the patch to proceed.

The most likely reason you see that message is not because of anything that went wrong at your end but that one build of V7 was released with incorrect sha1 hash files. Unfortunately that means that build it cannot be patched (I think it was build 202).

If you get that error all you need to do is download the full install and install that.

Once you do the full install of build 205 then the patch updates will work correctly again.

Regards
    Paul
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast