Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Check my data logging

i also need to work on the transition from rolling idle to stop. 50% of the time when car is rolling and i push clutch in and go to nuetral the rollng idle whill hang high at 1700rpm. come to a stop and 4 secs later it will drop to 1500, then second later down to my 800 rpm. its kinda weird. even when rolling through a parking lot the rpm will jump up to 1700 when in nuetral.

thanks for hte help so far guys. its been a good learning exp.

my final plans for this car are just a street driven monster. i dont care to much about streetability. i have already been driving it in traffic. just want all out performance

I also don't know if its me but throttle response does now seem not as quick as sd LOL. Maybe its Just me

Hey, sorry I haven't been able to look at anything. One thing I see right away - weren't you going to use the semi-open loop fueling? I would do that - go to page 17 of the COS tutorial and read that... Also, how did you go about dialing in the MAF? As for the idle - use the throttle cracker and throttle follower tables to work on your rolling idle... lowering the airflow will lower the idle...
    GM EFI Tuner
    02 WS6 9.41 @ 143 MPH 3675#, drag radials, pump gas, through the mufflers - sold

Quote Originally Posted by BLK02WS6 View Post
    Hey, sorry I haven't been able to look at anything. One thing I see right away - weren't you going to use the semi-open loop fueling? I would do that - go to page 17 of the COS tutorial and read that... Also, how did you go about dialing in the MAF? As for the idle - use the throttle cracker and throttle follower tables to work on your rolling idle... lowering the airflow will lower the idle...

yes i am. i just got confused after the tutorial said to revert back to base tune and update ve. i didnt wanna lose all my injector tables and changes you made to spark and stuff by going back to the very base tune. so i just re-enabled the cl/trim/maf. i still need to dial in maf. and i will check page 17. just posted up this log to make sure i re-enabled everything right thats all.

just taking it one step at time. and take your time on responses im in no hurry lol.

i had the car out at a car meet the other day just for cruise. it got a lot of compliments and people freaked out that i did the swap myself. i met 1sickz off ls1tech. he drives a flat black miata with a fully forged ls1/ 76mm rear mount turbo. crazy car putting down 660 to the wheels in a miata lol

ok quick question im just little confused. you said i need to dial in the maf but then i need to look at page 17. 17 is about going mafless. so am i supposed to dial in the maf then turn it off again? just confused here

nevermind going to follow this

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....VET-In-Reverse
    Last edited by dm79; May 14th, 2012 at 08:43 AM.

Ok I'm little lost....if I follow that link some of the pid I do not have. LIke Ben wo2 serial and such. I'm little lost. What tutorial off this site should I be following to set up the semi open loop

I wanted you to read about setting up semi-open loop for after the map is dialed in - that is on page 17 of the custom OS tutorial. It is an alternative to closed loop.
    To dial in the MAF sensor, you can use AutoMAF - basically use the wideband to dial in the MAF table like you did the VE... here is the summary:
    AutoMAF:
    - disable CL/LTFT,
    - enable MAF (make sure DTC goes away),
    - set B0120 to zero to disable VE,
    - set PE safely rich to protect motor,
    - capture log,
    - create a WO2BEN map that matches B5001 (hint: copy the MAF table, then in the map row/col properties click Paste Label),
    - apply transient filter to map,
    - paste-multiply map to B5001.

Be careful when you start up the MAF table - watch the correction factor and make sure it isn't too lean. You can work your way up slowly, correcting a little at a time.

After you get the MAF table dialed in, you will put it in semi-open loop. Let me know if you can't find that section - it is on page 17 of the copy off of the help section of my tuning tool...
    GM EFI Tuner
    02 WS6 9.41 @ 143 MPH 3675#, drag radials, pump gas, through the mufflers - sold

Semi Open Loop: in B3647 change the EQR 1.01 cells to EQR 1.00 (i.e. columns ranging from 20 kPa to 90 kPa in your tune file posted in post #100 above), like BLK02WS6 said (page 17).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Semi Open Loop: in B3647 change the EQR 1.01 cells to EQR 1.00 (i.e. columns ranging from 20 kPa to 90 kPa in your tune file posted in post #100 above), like BLK02WS6 said (page 17).
    Hey Joe - He is getting jumbled up a little bit I think... Sometimes its hard for me to remember that not everyone has the "big picture" while doing this...

When you converted to the COS, you had pretty much finished the VE table using the wideband to get the correction factor in open loop (basically AutoVE). At that point, you don't want to go back to closed loop (or even semi-open loop) because we need to use the wideband to correct the MAF table in open loop (i.e. AutoMAF). Does that make sense?

Also, personally, I keep using the working tune vice reverting back to the base tune - I will run a compare with the base tune to make sure I get all of the values back to what I need to put it in closed loop, etc...

Here is your COS base tune set up as outlined above for AutoMAF - look at this and let us know if you understand what we are doing...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    GM EFI Tuner

MAkes a lot more sense now. that's what I was thinking, the tutorial telling me to revert back and the other way was gettin me confused but I get it now.

i did just misunderstand and thought you wanted me to jump to page 17 and do it. but ok ill try to dial in maf now. ill use the tune you just posted up but to make sure i undrestand right. you left ltft off, cl/ off and just re enabled the maf using maf freq and dtc back on right? im comparing now.

and i copy my labels from my lc1 ben map and use those to make the new maf table map? right the one that i log.
    Last edited by dm79; May 14th, 2012 at 12:52 PM.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast