Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: maf pid

Default maf pid

How do i create a calculated pid to show commanded maf(gms/sec) divided by actual measured gms/sec as a ben factor that i can use to redo B5001(maf table)hertz vs gms/sec.

You don't need to. All you need to do is take the BEN PID that is for your wideband and use that. If you need help on this, just let me know what wideband you are using and I will take care of it in the next hour.

thank you its an Innovate LC-1.

I assume you don't need this now that TAquickness got you all covered?

Yea I'm good to go now,thanks black02ss.

Quote Originally Posted by ahall1
    Yea I'm good to go now,thanks black02ss.
    Anytime, that is what we are here for, to help the community.

Hey Black,

I am getting ready to start playing with the MAF a bit more now that my last post turned into quite an information adventure!

Is it possible to elaborate a bit on the best way to create a map for dialing in the MAF?

I am still a bit confused right now with the MAF BEN factor method. I understand that the BEN factor is the percentage you are off from commanded vs. actual but what are the two factors compared and how do you tie that back to the MAF adjustment.

Thanks

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
    Hey Black,

I am getting ready to start playing with the MAF a bit more now that my last post turned into quite an information adventure!

Is it possible to elaborate a bit on the best way to create a map for dialing in the MAF?

I am still a bit confused right now with the MAF BEN factor method. I understand that the BEN factor is the percentage you are off from commanded vs. actual but what are the two factors compared and how do you tie that back to the MAF adjustment.

Thanks

Howard
    The MAF Ben factor is applied to the MAF table (B5001) just the same as when you do it to the VE table. I normally will scale the MAF table 5% rich to start out just the same as I do when I start SD. This just ensures the car isn't lean. Some may do it other ways. I then make a map as has been posted. This MAP mimics the MAF table in the tuner. Here it will tell you how far off you are in relation to the commanded AFR, just as you said. So at 5000hz you see a BEN factor of .90, that tells you that it is 10% rich. The goal here is just the same as the VE table, you want to hit as many cells as possible and achieve a BEN factor clost to 1.00

Chad,

Thanks. For starters where is that map that was floating around?? I think I understand the reasoning behind the MAF BEN procedure I just wanted to confirm the steps required to get the answers. I guess what confuses me is that with the VE method, comparing commanded to actual makes sense to come up with a "difference" factor. With the MAF you are working with Hrtz vs. AFR ratio I am mentally off. I understand that by changing the scaling you can pull the AFR one way or the other to achieve a desired AFR but just need to see the MAF map I guess.

I also believe I understand that disabling the MAF, doing an SD tune (and getting the AFR on the money), that once you enable the MAF if its off , it will pull the AFR readings off. The purpose of this step is to get the MAF scaled to where the AFR where before you disabled it. Correct??

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
    Chad,

Thanks. For starters where is that map that was floating around?? I think I understand the reasoning behind the MAF BEN procedure I just wanted to confirm the steps required to get the answers. I guess what confuses me is that with the VE method, comparing commanded to actual makes sense to come up with a "difference" factor. With the MAF you are working with Hrtz vs. AFR ratio I am mentally off. I understand that by changing the scaling you can pull the AFR one way or the other to achieve a desired AFR but just need to see the MAF map I guess.

I also believe I understand that disabling the MAF, doing an SD tune (and getting the AFR on the money), that once you enable the MAF if its off , it will pull the AFR readings off. The purpose of this step is to get the MAF scaled to where the AFR where before you disabled it. Correct??
    Totally correct Howard. The same difference factor from the VE table is applied to the MAF table. If it is off by XX amount, that means you need to tell the MAF you have XXX more/less air at that hrz. I can't remember, are you using a LC1?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast