Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Csp?

Me suggesting it's not needed, this is me just repeating what I am told too, but like you've seen, if you had a dollar for every time you got asked when will switchable tuning come, you'd be a rich man.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ok, ok, so it is not really NEEDED. But, I don't NEED 600hp either. My reason for WANTING it is to help with tuning. I can have my current tune on one setting, and then have four other slightly different boost limiters available to see what smokes the least but has good response. Or, have different pilot, duration, or whatever's on the other settings to make quick comparisons between them to find what works the best. Having to stop, spend almost seven minuets flashing, then testing again, then flashing again, on and on, is very time consuming. If I could just turn a knob to a different setting it would be much more efficient. That's my way of thinking anyway.
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by 2006Cummins View Post
    Having to stop, spend almost seven minuets flashing, then testing again, then flashing again, on and on, is very time consuming.
    I forgot about that.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by 2006Cummins View Post
    ...... spend almost seven minuets flashing, then testing again, then flashing again, on and on, is very time consuming. If I could just turn a knob to a different setting it would be much more efficient. That's my way of thinking anyway.
    only seven? i cant remember the last time i had one under nine....

screw the CSP and the 03-05s...i just bought a 2010, dont make me buy an H & S, lol.......
    06 Laramie 3500 QC SB 4x4 - Full billet Auto by DTT, HE351/S475 twins, EFI live, lots of custom goodies....

07 6.2L Yukon Denali - CAI, CAT delete, self tuned with EFI Live

03 Trailblazer 4.2L I6 - CAI, custom exhaust, EFI live

2010 Laramie 3500 CC LB 4x4 - H&S, DPF delete, waiting for EFI Live.....

Being that we have to full flash (no cal flash)every time, and the time it takes, I don't see how switchable tuning will even work on a CMB.
    Joel
    -6.7 powered 2006 Ram QC 4x4 Auto, EFI Live, Garrett, Thuren.

-08 Chevy Silverado 4x4 5.3, built 4l70E, COMP cam and Thorly headers.

Quote Originally Posted by skneeland View Post
    only seven? i cant remember the last time i had one under nine....
    That isn't normal, it sounds like you are getting a lot of interruptions on the CAN bus and the reflash keeps having to retry. Best scenario is just under 6 minutes per flash.

Quote Originally Posted by icemanjc1 View Post
    Being that we have to full flash (no cal flash)every time, and the time it takes, I don't see how switchable tuning will even work on a CMB.
    It will work fine, a full flash involves writing the calibration maps as well, it's the hamburger with the lot flash.

I've been getting full flashes in the 5.5 to 6 minute range.

Yep, that sounds about right. It can actually vary depending on the OS the ECM is running, but that is about average.

any one care to explain how the switchable tunning works ?
    06 mega cab ddp twins ddp 150s arp 625s and all the other goodies !! old numbers 12.23 116mph @8500lbs

The way it works on the duramax is that you have a base file that has every available table, then there are 4 dsp areas that have only some of the tables like duration, main timing, pilot timimg, fuel pressure, etc. All the other tables reference back to the base file like ect adjusts, IAT adjusts, etc. Which set of files the ECM uses is controlled by switching a reference voltage in the ecm. This is how the duramax works and I am sure that CSP will be similar.

Anarchy Diesel Tuning/ Advanced Injection Diesel Technologies
    EFI Live Cummins Beta Tester
    Duramax and Cummins Tuning
    423-506-7427

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast