Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cylinder Balance Help ASAP Please

+4.0 indicates that the particular injector is not flowing enough fuel and the the ECM has to turn the "Gain" up if you will, to get it to do its job.

Conversely a (-) number indicates too much flow and the ECM has to turn the (Gain) down to get it to flow properly.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

And that specifically means an injector is going out or can you not really tell with EFI Live? If you can tell, should these readings be taken at idle or from some WOT runs? My idle seems to be a bit rough at start-up also like DODGE74 said, but whenever I change my oil it seems to go away somewhat.

My max at idle is 3.0 from #5, and min of -1.7 from #3.
    My max after some driving at WOT runs is 5.2 again from #5, and min of -3.0 from #3.
    '06 2500 Cummins 4x4, Billet Trans, Airdog 150, working on tuning with EFI Live!

Ok I just put a new injector in number one and my balance rate for number one didn't change. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by gneal02 View Post
    Ok I just put a new injector in number one and my balance rate for number one didn't change. WTF?

Are you sure that you pulled the correct injector?

#1 from what I understand is actually #6....... See below.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoStroke View Post
    Are the cylinder #s by the firing order or the actual cyl as labeled? Such as is BALRCYL2mm3 actually #5 inj?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    They are listed in numerical order from front of motor to the firewall.
    That was my thinking also until this morning. I had a truck come in that logged #2 injector at +4.0 and would never change. I pulled #2 cyl injector and replaced, logged and no different still +4.0 with no fluctuation. So I recall on the modis or mentor that it list the injectors in order from firewall but also in parenthesis has them listed in firing order which would put #5 cyl as Balrcyl2mm3 . I pulled cyl #5 inj and replaced it leaving #2 new alone for the time and logged it. Problem solved.

Hope I explained it well enough to understand.
    06 QCLB, DRW
    Single pump
    Single turbo
    EFILive 772hp 1398tq

gordon@innovativediesel.com

Quote Originally Posted by DODGE74 View Post
    Are you sure that you pulled the correct injector?

#1 from what I understand is actually #6....... See below.
    From the way I read this twostroke went by firing order to get the right injector. If that's the case number one is number in the firing order. Even if its number six it didn't change either, I saw no difference in anything.

Well after some miles on it, the balance rate has come down now. It was staying around plus 5 before with old injector but is maxing out at plus 2 and averaging 1.2 now, still seems a little off but better than before.

Firing order is 1-5-3-6-2-4....The #1 inj will be the first injector starting at front of engine and also the first to fire in the firing order so it should be listed as 1 in efi. What I was questioning was is what we see efi logs list as #2 actually inj #2 or the second inj to fire which would be #5.

The reasoning behind my thinking is on the Modis we are able to do a cyl kill test and they are listed as follows....Injector 2 (Cyl#5). This is what makes me think that the lables we see in logging is by firing order not that particular inj in order from front of engine.

Firing order is 1-5-3-6-2-4....The #1 inj will be the first injector starting at front of engine and also the first to fire in the firing order so it should be listed as 1 in efi. What I was questioning was is what we see efi logs list as #2 actually inj #2 or the second inj to fire which would be #5.

The reasoning behind my thinking is on the Modis we are able to do a cyl kill test and they are listed as follows....Injector 2 (Cyl#5). This is what makes me think that the lables we see in logging is by firing order not that particular inj in order from front of engine.
    AHHH I misunderstood you also.
    06 QCLB, DRW
    Single pump
    Single turbo
    EFILive 772hp 1398tq

gordon@innovativediesel.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12