Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duration limiting, what am I missing?

Default Duration limiting, what am I missing?

After quite a bit of tuning and logging I'm a little lost here. I'm comparing my tune file to my log file and for some reason my highlighted sectors in my tune file (main duration table) don't match the scan file. If I run them side by side my tune shows a larger duration that it's calling for, but the logs show it's not producing near that in the real time situation. The only time it doesn't do this is around shift points. It shifts into second at 15mph~, 3rd @ 26~, OD varies but does the same. Quite honestly, I've been starring at this scenario for months, along with wondering why my truck has a nice jolt in power right after a gear change then... sag.... I've attached files of both.

Garrett 5 0001.efi
    Garrett 5.ctz
    Joel
    -6.7 powered 2006 Ram QC 4x4 Auto, EFI Live, Garrett, Thuren.

-08 Chevy Silverado 4x4 5.3, built 4l70E, COMP cam and Thorly headers.

your D2012 needs to be maxxed

do all the torque management settings turn off the shift de-fuel as well?
    06 Laramie 3500 QC SB 4x4 - Full billet Auto by DTT, HE351/S475 twins, EFI live, lots of custom goodies....

07 6.2L Yukon Denali - CAI, CAT delete, self tuned with EFI Live

03 Trailblazer 4.2L I6 - CAI, custom exhaust, EFI live

2010 Laramie 3500 CC LB 4x4 - H&S, DPF delete, waiting for EFI Live.....

your rail press maps is only calling for 23000 and some and your duration map is calling for 26000 and some. ive found those need to match for you to get what your calling for . hope that helps
    06 mega cab ddp twins ddp 150s arp 625s and all the other goodies !! old numbers 12.23 116mph @8500lbs

Quote Originally Posted by skneeland View Post

do all the torque management settings turn off the shift de-fuel as well?
    Doesn't appear to, I'll try maxing the low rpm PID and changing the main axis.
    Joel

So you are not getting the duration that you are asking for in the main table? Just checking to make sure I understand that correctly.

Only thing I see so far is that your EQ Ratio (E2567) is not maxed out. I did notice a difference on my truck from the lower numbers to changing the whole chart to 4.
    06 CC DRW, DTT, EFI Live.

473HP

Yep, the runway highlighting on the tune file doesn't match the the scan file as far as duration is concerned. Everything else lines up fine. And it's not all the time, right after a shift it will spike and match the duration highlighted. Then taper off and the area highlighted (commanded) is between 70-100us more than the scan file shows as being actual (lock up doesn't seem to be affected). I'll max the EQ Ratio table as well tomorrow and log it. Thanks guys.
    Joel

thanks for the EQ Ratio thought, maxed it out and i can feel a difference
    Black06MegaCab/DTT/TDC/EFI LIVE/Gauges/Raptor150/HTTss62-71/AFEPusher/5''ss/TGC8inLongArm/Fox/38''MG ..... RED / 2005 / QCSB / G56 / SBDD / TST / Smarty TNT / ETC... K.I.A.

Even though the tune file says the uS value it uses is based on COMMANDED fuel pressure, I've noticed it really is ACTUAL fuel pressure. Because if you cross reference what uS pulse time your tune is based on actual fuel pressure in the log, you find then that the uS in the tune would match the log.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Another thought... try logging engine load as well. I notice with mine that it will not give me max pulse or mm3 until the tc is locked in the higher gears, then it pulls like a mother. Maybe it is possible that the load is not at maximum until the shift when it pulls the engine down and then it will give you full fuel. Just another thought.

Glad the EQ ratio worked for you noff, it worked for me for sure.
    06 CC DRW, DTT, EFI Live.

473HP

Quote Originally Posted by mstordahl View Post
    Another thought... try logging engine load as well. I notice with mine that it will not give me max pulse or mm3 until the tc is locked in the higher gears, then it pulls like a mother. Maybe it is possible that the load is not at maximum until the shift when it pulls the engine down and then it will give you full fuel. Just another thought.

Glad the EQ ratio worked for you noff, it worked for me for sure.
    mine does the same thing. soon as i hit 2800 rpm command drops, i looked for ever trying to find what was going on i even changed all my tables to 160mm3 just for hell of it, then i logged it with converter locked an it dosent drop at all. maybe les will see this an explain it again. if not ill post it up in bit
    Black06MegaCab/DTT/TDC/EFI LIVE/Gauges/Raptor150/HTTss62-71/AFEPusher/5''ss/TGC8inLongArm/Fox/38''MG ..... RED / 2005 / QCSB / G56 / SBDD / TST / Smarty TNT / ETC... K.I.A.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast