Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the second group of Flash starting shipping yet??

Lifetime Member

Oh well, stuff happens. I'll wait.

Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
    I'll wait.
    I guess I will too.
    Richard -
    2008 Trailblazer SS - TVS1900

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

About three months ago on the beta tester's forum, I made a remark that during development, "...we had experienced every conceivable delay know to mankind..." - I was wrong - there are thousands more ways that manufacturing can be delayed :(

The FlashScan units are manufactured in two stages: the first is the suface mount components, followed by the through hole components. The first stage is scheduled to be complete today or tomorrow. The Headers on which we are waiting are due to arrive Friday - possible earlier. Once they are available the through hole manufacturing can be completed. I am led to believe that we should see the first FlashScan units here by Monday.

But after so many delays, please take those times as estimates only. I can't predict the future, I can only tell you what I know now.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    Quote Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
    I'll wait.
    I guess I will too.
    :( Me too

Remember the scene in the Blues Brothers when Jake was down on he's knees in the tunnel before the big show pleading to he's 'nearly' wife......that's us right now.

Cheers,
    Ross

I know we all have our problems but....

I have my 2004 Pontiac GTO with 1k miles waiting for me to scan and tune her, Yet I wait for my EFILive Flashscan to ship..... :cry:

It's cold and snowy and I need to make adjustments for my 3.91 gear ratio mod. :cry:

I Hope this is a sad enough story for the EFILive folks to SHIP MINE FIRST :lol:
    2004 Pontiac GTO Torrid Red on Red M6
    CAI Inc. CAI|CAGS Tune Elim.|3.91 Gears|Harrop Diff. Cover|SLP Sway Bar|04 SAP|AMW Catch Can|Raptor Shift Light|Nitto 555DR's|Kooks 1-7/8 LT's HPC Coated|Dual Innovate LC-1 Widebands |TexClutch | GMM Ripshift |Hurst Line Lock|

for your sadness highperf, ill hook you up with my gto tune. It is pretty awsome, When you get the software, ill make a bin for you to try
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

So if everything stays on track, and they do arrive to you guys on Monday, can we expect to see them on our doorsteps by wednesday? At least for the ones that ordered for overnight express?

If it helps I can be last in line for mine. I just now got my block back from the machinist. It could be a while before it is back in its bay.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

This delay is as frustrating for us as it is for everyone else.
    Just to keep you informed, this is the response we have been sending out to customers who have enquired why EFILive is not shipping yet:

After committing in writing that a required part would be available in January, one of our suppliers changed their expected delivery date to Friday Feb 11. As of Saturday Feb 12, those parts have not arrived, but we expect them here by Monday 14.

Unfortunately that makes us look bad because based on our suppliers written estimate, we promised our customers that shipping would begin in the first week of Feb.
    We are doing everything we can to speed up receipt of that part.
    Once the part is available we will begin shipping to clear the backorder.

Just for your interest, the part on which we are waiting is the orange WO2 header socket that is fitted to the FlashScan circuit board. The supplier "thought" they held enough stock locally, but due to incorrect product inventory they only had 13 pieces. We needed 600, so they had to be ordered from the manufacturer in Germany.

The FlashScan Units have already been manfactured, they are just waiting at the manufacturing plant for that last part. Once the part is fitted to the boards they will be ready to ship.

Thank you for your patience, we apologize for the delay and any inconvenience it may have caused.

Regards
    Paul Blackmore
    EFILive Limited

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast