Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First attempt at CALC VET please check for sanity

Default First attempt at CALC VET please check for sanity

I've been away from this for a little over a year now and I'm trying to dust out the cob webs and learn the new CALC VET method. Please take a look at my log and calc_pid and make sure I didn't miss something.

Thanks in advanced for the help!
    Brad

calc_pids.txt

calc vet first run 8 April 12.efi
    2000 WS6 T/A White M6, Mods: SLP Lid, Pro 5.0, LS7 clutch, QTP headers, LS6 intake, UMI: adj TA, BMR: LCA, STB, SFC, and adj PB. Best ET of 13.7 @ 107mph.

Hi Strong,

You have an LC-1 connected thru the analog interface, right...?

Yup sure do, sorry forgot to mention that. I think I got the calc_pid file equation correct for the analog setup. I never followed through on trying to do the serial connection for my LC-1.

Thanks,
    Brad
    2000 WS6 T/A White M6, Mods: SLP Lid, Pro 5.0, LS7 clutch, QTP headers, LS6 intake, UMI: adj TA, BMR: LCA, STB, SFC, and adj PB. Best ET of 13.7 @ 107mph.

In the calc_pids.txt where it says displacement(xxxx), delete the xxxx;

the displacement is entered by going Edit->Log File Information->Vehicle Options and entering the CC there (in the Engine: field), and then saving the log file;

the scantool will automatically replace "displacement()" with the correct value/units (5.669L).

So do this:
    - in your calc_pids.txt, change "displacement(5.669)" to "displacement()" [ i.e. remove the 5.669 from within the parentheses ], and save the file;
    - start the scantool, go Edit->Log File Information->Vehicle Options, and set the Engine: field to 5669 CC, click Ok, save the log file.

That's really weird because at first it showed up as all zero's, then it dawned on me tonight why I had values for the unit PID but not the percentage PID on the table. So I did exactly what you said above and it then neatly filled in the info. So I'm not sure why that value is there. I started off by filling it in then I thought I deleted the value because after reading the threads I understood that the info is filled in when you select the engine size in the scan tool (or I understood as you described above). I'll re-delete the engine displacement out of the file though just to be sure.

There is an improved calc_pids.txt file (it separates out DAT so you can chart it)...

I added your AFR_LC11/14.7 modification into the WO2BEN pid, see attached... copy it to the usual place and restart the scantool (no need to relog).
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think I just forgot to save after I thought I deleted the displacement value out of the equation. It's correct now though. Still strange that if the value were in the calc_pid file I would think the VET table would have filled in correctly instead of all zeros.

Quick question: did you disable the VE by setting B0120 to 400 or less...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast