Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Datalogging freeze up

Default Follow up

Quote Originally Posted by dsltnr View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. It is the latest i7 top of the line processor so that should not be an issue. Paul suggested it may be a write protection feature in the hard drive due to vibration while driving. I am going to do a couple of tests tomorrow and see if that is it. Thank you.
    Mine turned out to be the write protection software that Lenovo puts on their laptops. The sensitivity was set to maximum so any movement caused it to stop writing to protect the hard drive from a perceived problem. Turned sensitivity down and problem stopped. Good call Paul.

I found that my problem is only when looking at charts on the dashboard - it doesn't show any data when connected and the yellow monitor button is pushed, but does when recording. I can monitor data on the dashboard with gauges displayed, and in the F9 data tab.

Also, every time I go to open another dashboard it asks if I want to save it, and I haven't made any changes. Is it supposed to do that?

Thank you,
    Mike
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by dsltnr View Post
    Mine turned out to be the write protection software that Lenovo puts on their laptops. The sensitivity was set to maximum so any movement caused it to stop writing to protect the hard drive from a perceived problem. Turned sensitivity down and problem stopped. Good call Paul.
    This would be my issue as well, I am also using a Lenovo that has this feature. Thanks for the tip paul and the follow up dsltnr!

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2006Cummins View Post
    I found that my problem is only when looking at charts on the dashboard - it doesn't show any data when connected and the yellow monitor button is pushed, but does when recording. I can monitor data on the dashboard with gauges displayed, and in the F9 data tab.
    The charts are not supposed to update when monitoring. There is nothing for the charts to display if no data is being recorded because the charts show the recorded data.

Quote Originally Posted by 2006Cummins View Post
    Also, every time I go to open another dashboard it asks if I want to save it, and I haven't made any changes. Is it supposed to do that?

Thank you,
    Mike
    If you've changed something in the layout of the dashboard you will be asked to save it before a new dashboard can be loaded.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dash.png 
Views:	202 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	13151
    Watch that icon and see when it changes from disabled to enabled. That may give you an idea of what is causing the software to think the dashboard needs saving.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Ok, thanks. I'll watch the icon.
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12