Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Shift time tables!!!

Default New Shift time tables!!!

Thanks guys for the addition of additional upshift shift time tables for the different shift patterns on some of the operating systems!!!!

Lifetime Member

Wow, I dont spend much time tuning T43s (yet), but from the looks of it everyone who wants to tune for a higher stall converter and dial in the shift pressures in the different modes is set! I think that was what everyone was wanting to have added for a while, am I missing anything else?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I didn't even know about the new tables

Thanks for the heads up Rhino and a big thanks to EFILive for opening up the T43 even more

All i can say is......... WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO..........answers to the curiosities i had are now complete!!!

Thanks EFI live team!!!

regards Scotty
    2008 HSV GTS LS3

I don't do a lot of T43 stuff, so what are the new table id's (for my benefit), please/thanks

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    I don't do a lot of T43 stuff, so what are the new table id's (for my benefit), please/thanks

Hello Joecar,

The most recent new T43 tables include:
    • TCC Slip Test
    • D2309
    • D2297 – D2308

Shift Times
    • previously only one parameter per shift event
    • now there are two parameters (some OS have 3 parameters)
    • can now adjust the Normal mode shift times (shifter in the “D” position) and the Manual / Sport mode shift times (shifter in detent below “D” position – often “M” or “S”)

The most significant change to tuning the T43 was the introduction of the Torque Model in the accompanying ECM (E38 / E67 / etc.). This innovation was a fundamental change in ideology – an excellent example of “thinking outside the box”.

In a very brief period EFILive has gone from being behind on the T43, to clearly having an advantage over the competition – the Torque Model.

In my opinion the T43 tuning parameters are about 99% complete. The only welcome additions would be the TCC Max Pressure / Regulator Offset / Regulator Gain. These have a similar function to TCC lock up control as do the TCC Solenoid Min / Max PWM parameters with the A4 (4L60 / 4L80).

I could not be more pleased !

Cheers,
    Taz
    Last edited by Taz; April 20th, 2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: - additional info

Taz, thanks, good short summary (I like short summaries).

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Hello Joecar,

The most recent new T43 tables include:
    • TCC Slip Test
    • D2309
    • D2297 – D2308

Shift Times
    • previously only one parameter per shift event
    • now there are two parameters (some OS have 3 parameters)
    • can now adjust the Normal mode shift times (shifter in the “D” position) and the Manual / Sport mode shift times (shifter in detent below “D” position – often “M” or “S”)

The most significant change to tuning the T43 was the introduction of the Torque Model in the accompanying ECM (E38 / E67 / etc.). This innovation was a fundamental change in ideology – an excellent example of “thinking outside the box”.

In a very brief period EFILive has gone from being behind on the T43, to clearly having an advantage over the competition – the Torque Model.

In my opinion the T43 tuning parameters are about 99% complete. The only welcome additions would be the TCC Max Pressure / Regulator Offset / Regulator Gain. These have a similar function to TCC lock up control as do the TCC Solenoid Min / Max PWM parameters with the A4 (4L60 / 4L80).

I could not be more pleased !

Cheers,
    Taz

I couldnt have said it better myself, very well said. I can't thank Ross enough for listening and not blocking all my emails and PM's about the T43. I gave EFI Live a very hard time about the T43 and just want to say thanks again for coming through big time.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    I gave EFI Live a very hard time about the T43
    Water off a ducks back

I must confess I had forgotten that I'd been working on more than just the TCC slip stuff, T43 has been a long work in progress update.
    The feedback on the ECM Torque model has been great, I think this was definitely a step in the right direction in making the T43 work with us, not against us.
    At the same time as the T43 updates I was also mapping the T76 which is very similar to the T43 but for FWD cars, like the Turbo Buick, Cruze etc.

I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ijust put a 2800 yank stall in my 08 A6 T43/E38 vette what would you adjust in Torque convertors? Also Can you post a screen shoot for examples? And +/-'s of what your changing.

Also any pids I should be logging also

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast