Thread: Vehicle Wont Start

Angry Vehicle Wont Start

i have 2011 silverado 1500 i purchased a auto cal tuner and went through the whole process of getting tunes for it, i have finally got the tunes in and downloaded them to my auto cal went to the the truck and installed them on the truck, the transmission tune downloaded fine but the engine tune not so much once it flashed the program it brought up a code $06FF and now my wont start.

has anyone had this problem before
    Last edited by bmjlarsen1; April 21st, 2012 at 03:47 AM.

Lifetime Member

I know very little about the AutoCal ... other than that your direct product support should come from whoever sold the AutoCal to you.

I believe $06FF is a Checksum error.

Regards,
    Taz

That is a checksum failure error, meaning the ECM was not flashed correctly, you should just retry the flash again.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

None of that helped very much, the direct support is via email. They replied I guess they have to contact the manufacturer, if anyone has any other suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks you for the help so far.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Can you please copy the *.ctz (tune file) from your AutoCal to your PC and email it to me at paul@efilive.com.
    Please also send me the *.ctz (tune file) that your tuner sent to you - i.e. the one that you would have copied to your AutoCal device.

I need to be able to compare the file that your tuner sent to you against the file that is now stored on your AutoCal device - just in case in the process of copying to your AutoCal the file somehow got corrupted.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

hey Paul thanks for the support, Justin from black bear got back with me lastnight and we got the problem resolved, i guess the version i had was to new for my truck so he reprogrammed a older model. so its back and running and running good, hey Paul i have a question what can you tell me about the E38-E67 OS upgrade i have read through the tutorial about it on EFILive and i think that it wold be really nice to have a on board tune with a push of a button, have you heard of any problems with it.

Thanks Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by bmjlarsen1 View Post
    Justin from black bear got back with me lastnight and we got the problem resolved,
    Good to hear you are up and running again.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjlarsen1 View Post
    i think that it wold be really nice to have a on board tune with a push of a button, have you heard of any problems with it.
    You might have to expand on your thoughts, I'm not quite following what would happen when you 'push a button'.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

http://download.efilive.com/Tutorial...20Tutorial.pdf

if you go to that link it will tell you all about it its pretty cool check it out