Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto VE or Calc VET or Auto Maf?!?!

Default Auto VE or Calc VET or Auto Maf?!?!

I have read so many posts and all seem to be a little bit different. I have tried to settle on doing an Auto VE, but I cant seem to replicate what the instructions say as far as which PID's to log. I downloaded and printed the Auto VE tutorial, I see this is from 2007. Is this still a safe guide to follow? I only see that it recommends 12 PID's to log, where as the other guide I was reading had 24 PID's to log.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    BTW, this is a LS1B with an LC1 wideband via serial on a v2.

Auto VE is fine for an ls1 mate

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nver2loud View Post
    I have read so many posts and all seem to be a little bit different. I have tried to settle on doing an Auto VE, but I cant seem to replicate what the instructions say as far as which PID's to log. I downloaded and printed the Auto VE tutorial, I see this is from 2007. Is this still a safe guide to follow? I only see that it recommends 12 PID's to log, where as the other guide I was reading had 24 PID's to log.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    BTW, this is a LS1B with an LC1 wideband via serial on a v2.
    Hi Nver2loud,

I am reasonably new to tuning. The advice I have been given is to start with the Calc Vet tune. This will bring your VE and Maf Tables to an acceptable condition for your Vehicle. I am also running the LS1B and an LC1 (which is hooked up via a serial lead).

The Calc Vet method is very easy to do.

Cheers,
    Laychut
    Going places no one else dares to Go!
    60 Series Landcruiser, GenIII LS1 5.7, 4L60E Trans, 4" Stainless Snorkel
    4" Lift, 35 x 12.5 BF Goodrich Mud Terrains

Lay, thanks for the info. Which write up did you use to go through with the calc.vet? Did you have any troubles validating your PID's?

Hi Nver2loud,

I have attached the two documents I downloaded from the Tutorial section from this forum. These are what I went off for my directions for Calc Vet. You need to read both of them through a couple of times to fully grasp and understand the proceedure. There is always something that you may over look until you are at that stage of the process.

Joecar is a good source of information. I have bounced any questions of him when I am not sure.

The key to the PIDs is knowing what other PIDs also need to be seclected before each PID is considered valid. If you have a PID that should be valid, but is showing as not valid, you can right clicking on the PID and then click info and this will tell you why it in not valid.

I have attached the latest Calc PIDs that Joecar gave me the other day. Calc PIDs are the backbone of the Calc Vet and Calc MAF proceedures.

If your WBO2 and your Calc PIDs are not set up correctly then the proceedures will not work. I have attached the PIDs file I use.

Is your LC1 set up serial or analog? If your LC1 is set up anolog then you will have to amend the Calc PID txt file. Joecar would be the best to talk to about that. He is the right up to speed with calc PIDs.

CALC VET Summary Notes.pdf
    calc_pids.txt
    CALC.VET.pid
    CALC VET Tuning Tutorial.pdf

I hope these help!

Cheers,
    laychut
    Last edited by Laychut; April 24th, 2012 at 03:03 AM.

Now this may sound really dumb...But I have tried to save the calc.pid files from other threads, and is this supposed to self populate a PID list when opened???

Now this may sound really dumb...But I have tried to save the calc.pid files from other threads, and is this supposed to self populate a PID list when opened???
    No, the calc pid provides the pids...

Laychut's file CALC.VET.pit selects those pids when you open this file from the PIDs tab.

AutoVE is a special case of Calc.MAFT... it is easy enough to do AutoVE as it is to do Calc.MAFT.

AutoMAF is a special case of Calc.VET... it is easy enough to do either one.

Calc.VET probably requires the least amount of preparation... the initial attempt can be done with VE still enabled since the transient filter will remove VE contribution.

Have a read thru this: Summary Notes, Post #29

Hi Nver2loud,

I am not sure how much of a play you have had with Scantool V7.5, but if you need a bit of a walk through on how to select the PIDs in scan tool I have attached a link to a good interactive tutorial.

http://download.efilive.com/Tutorial...a PID List.htm

Below is a Screen dump of where you need to copy the Calc PIDs. When you try to copy it here it will ask if you want to replace the existing copy. If this is the original Calc PID file that came when you installed the scantool software then select yes. If you have previous replace this file with a modified Calc PID file then you may want to compare the files and add the additional calculations to that file. If this is the case, I can do that for you if you are not sure how to do it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V7.5 Calc PID location.png 
Views:	447 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	13011

Most of your Calc PIDs will be found in the "Tune" or "Tuning" system (screen dumps below). If you open the Calc PID.txt file and scroll right down you will see a column called " System". This will tell you under what system you will find the PID you are chasing (see screen dump below).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tune System.png 
Views:	421 
Size:	133.5 KB 
ID:	13012 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tuning System.png 
Views:	425 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	13013 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calc PID - System.png 
Views:	431 
Size:	306.1 KB 
ID:	13014

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Laychut
    Last edited by Laychut; April 24th, 2012 at 06:59 PM.

Hey there Fellas,
    Sorry I have been very busy with work, and the wife has me building a new deck so my car has been on the back burner. I have not even driven it in 3 weeks. Anyways.....I loaded up Laychuts Calc.VET PID list and surprisingly my computer let it open right up with no issues. However...Some are unvalidated? Dynamic air temp, Equivelance ratio, H02 s1/s2, Mass air raw frequency and KR. So after I read the write up again to be fresh with it, I can just go log with this and hit cells? In the write up is there a specific Map I should make??? Currently I have a VET average and Selben listed as I was originally going to do an autove.

thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast