Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto VE or Calc VET or Auto Maf?!?!

I think PE 1.13-1.14 EQR is a little lean for WOT... try 1.17.

At WOT your MAP drops from 98 kPa down to 87 kPa, something is wrong with your intake duct.

Your IAT is quite hot... what was the ambient air temperature on the day the log was taken...?

Your IFR table is incorrect (it steps down and then ramps up...!?) you won't be able to tune MAF and VE with that... no good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Post a screenshot and also your current calc_pids.txt file...

Like those links??
    Oh, and BTW, I tried to modify my SELBEN thing to "copy and paste with labels" and this is what I ended up with, It makes no sense to me how that would actually work.

Does your PCM/OS support the pid DYNAIRTMP_DMA...? If not, the Calc.VET tutorial thread explains how to use your B4901 table to make a lookup calc pid for it... (I can show you how).
    That I am not sure of? How would I find that out?

And for the other questions which I cant currently quote...the guy originally helping with my tune told me to do that to the injector flow rate..not sure why.
    They are stock 28lb injectors for an ls6.
    For the temp on the intake temp sensor, yes it was hot that day, around 98-100 degrees out and its not cooling down anytime soon...tomorrow is going to be like 105.
    Something wrong with my intake duct? as in like the duct itself from the MAF to the manifold? I have tried a propane test looking for a leak and found no problems. Also, this is the 2nd MAP sensor and 2nd intake manifold, my results yielded odd MAP values last year as well. It is now an LS6 manifold vs last years Ls1.
    For the PE being lean, I am not quite sure what screen to set that at.

I am really starting to dislike this car....At least it still runs, just sucks I wasted the money putting a new cam in it, etc, and it still runs the same as it always has with black crap all over my bumper!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calc list.PNG 
Views:	215 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	13465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Selben.PNG 
Views:	214 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	13466   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VET.PNG 
Views:	197 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	13467  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Hope I was helpful and clear on how to post the screen shot and convert it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikz86ta View Post
    Hope I was helpful and clear on how to post the screen shot and convert it.
    Yeah, however something is not allowing my computer to do a print screen, but ended up finding a different way to do it as youve seen. Thanks again.

Anybody else have some ideas for the other portions to try to fix this???

Lifetime Member

Oh ok, well glad u got it going. Now hopefully someone more knowledgable like Joe will chime in when he/they can

Hi Nver2loud,
    You may want to recheck your Selben map. I am getting different numbers from your log than the screen dump you posted.

Also you need to validate/select DYNAIRTMP. With out this the VET Calc can not be calculated because it uses Calc VEN for it's calculation. Calc VEN uses DYNAIRTMP for it's calculation. This is most likely why you are just seeing Zeros in your VET map.

Confused?
    I know I was until I read the Calc PID file a few times.

Hook your laptop up to your car using EFILIVE Scan 7.5. Ensure the "Supported" box is checked (directly above the discription column). Once connected only your supported PIDs should be visible. If DYNAIRTMP is not present then you will need to used the calc PID Joecar referred to.

Have you fixed your IFR table yet? You will be wasting your time doing any more logging until this is corrected. I have attached a spreadsheet I found on this forum. If you know the values required, then it should get you back on track.

injectors.xls

Cheers,
    Last edited by Laychut; July 7th, 2012 at 03:54 AM.
    Going places no one else dares to Go!
    60 Series Landcruiser, GenIII LS1 5.7, 4L60E Trans, 4" Stainless Snorkel
    4" Lift, 35 x 12.5 BF Goodrich Mud Terrains

Thanks for the tips again Lay! I am so stressed with this, only because I can usually figure things out pretty quickly but everytime I have someone look at what I got going on im just told that its messed up, and I dont know how to fix it! The MAP issue has been told to me a few times, but no idea how to fix it, or if its actually a problem. I am going to start over with the new calc pid file and see what happens. I am not sure if i should just set my IFR back to the stock settings or what? The car was running so rich at idle/part throttle that it was almost about to die. Thats when a tuner told me to do that. You guys are my last resort here before I put my stock cam back in and say screw it!

The key to the PIDs is knowing what other PIDs also need to be seclected before each PID is considered valid. If you have a PID that should be valid, but is showing as not valid, you can right clicking on the PID and then click info and this will tell you why it in not valid.
    Ok, I just tried to get the info on the PID of Dynamic Air temp, and "more info" is grayed out, not an option. All I have is Imperial/Metric, background color, font and revert. All of the others I have a "more info" button.

Lifetime Member

Sometimes there is a couple of each PID's. Like my truck shows a SAE and a GM. One when connectred to my trucks PCM (Chevy LS1B PCM) shows up and the other does not. IDK if its ur issue but just throwing that info out there. Hope this helps..if not sorry

Lifetime Member

On the injectors are they stock for your motor? Or did yours come stock with someting else. From what Joe said there is an irregular dip and jump which I am certain will cause many issues. Id go to filedepo and download a couple stock files of cars that use your same motor or injectors...compare their settings. At minimum Id copy and paste one that looks correct.
    I had a stock injector file but didnt see any newer LSx injectors.

Also is your FPR good? again just thinking out loud obvious stuff to me that may slip ones mind

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast