Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto VE or Calc VET or Auto Maf?!?!

I went and downloaded a tune for a 02 z06 just to see what the IFR table looks like as I have put in the larger 28? lb injectors. I will paste that in. I am wondering if i should take a stock MAF table from a 00 as well as mine seems to be different. At least to get me started. I still need to check on why it dips so low on kpa at WOT. I have long tube headers B&B bullet exhaust and a Texas speed 228r cam. Out front i have an ls6 intake and a stock duct and stock housing with a K&N.
    I will check to see if there is a different PID as well...Im just going off of the calc.pid list that was at the beginning of this thread.

Hi Nver2loud,
    Most of the time our problems are something small that we have missed. This is why it pays to read the tutorials over an over again.
    I have been tempted to make up a checklist to support the Cal Vet tutorial. One day when I get time.

Please don't get discouraged!

You may be having a few headaches now, but once everything is set up you will be glad you persevered.

From what I seen your current IFR would be very rich at low RPM. It does not make sense to me why you were told to set it up this way. Your injectors should have come with some documentation that will have the information you need for the spreadsheet I sent you.
    If not there are plenty of websites with the info if you know the brand and part number of your injectors. You can not afford to be flippent when it comes to your IFR! Your IFR are set values that must be right. This is why it is the first thing you check. Any actions with out doing this will be a waste of time.

As for your airflow issue, I would start with the Aircleaner and work back. Only for a quick test I would remove the air cleaner and see if your air flow improves.
    If it does, then maybe you do not have a big enough air filter (or a blocked one). From there work back to the engine. What diameter pipework do you have to the engine?

Cheers,
    Going places no one else dares to Go!
    60 Series Landcruiser, GenIII LS1 5.7, 4L60E Trans, 4" Stainless Snorkel
    4" Lift, 35 x 12.5 BF Goodrich Mud Terrains

Quote Originally Posted by Mikz86ta View Post
    Sometimes there is a couple of each PID's. Like my truck shows a SAE and a GM. One when connectred to my trucks PCM (Chevy LS1B PCM) shows up and the other does not. IDK if its ur issue but just throwing that info out there. Hope this helps..if not sorry
    Thanks for that tip. I started doing some google searching and it brought me back to the forum. APPARENTLY my OS system which is 12593359 is not defined to use the GM.DYNAIRTMP_DMA unless I am reading this incorrectly. Not sure how I am going to get this to actually work.

Once I figure this out, I can do some logging. I have pasted a stock LS6 injector IFR into my tune, and now I just need to also figure out what other changes I need to make before uploading this tune and going to log.

Also...this may sound really dumb, but was I supposed to do something with the calc_pids.txt???

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Post a screenshot and also your current calc_pids.txt file...

Does your PCM/OS support the pid DYNAIRTMP_DMA...? If not, the Calc.VET tutorial thread explains how to use your B4901 table to make a lookup calc pid for it... (I can show you how).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nver2loud View Post
    Thanks for that tip. I started doing some google searching and it brought me back to the forum. APPARENTLY my OS system which is 12593359 is not defined to use the GM.DYNAIRTMP_DMA unless I am reading this incorrectly. Not sure how I am going to get this to actually work.

Once I figure this out, I can do some logging. I have pasted a stock LS6 injector IFR into my tune, and now I just need to also figure out what other changes I need to make before uploading this tune and going to log.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nver2loud View Post
    Also...this may sound really dumb, but was I supposed to do something with the calc_pids.txt???
    Post your calc_pids.txt here and the most current tune file you're using...

after we edit your calc_pids.txt file to do DAT (dynamic air temp) those zero's in your VET map will become valid data.

[ sorry, I've been out of town for a few days ]

What does your intake duct look like (pics...) and what MAF and air filter do you have...?

I have not changed the Calc_Pids.txt? I am not sure where this goes, but I printed the one from the beginning of this thread. It basically was jibberish to me however, as it did not make a heck of a lot of sense. Am I supposed to upload that somewhere??? I have not seen it in a writeup.
    I have already posted my current tune, you guys were saying how my IFR scaling is way off base. I have not uploaded a new tune to the car yet. The only thing I have changed for the next upload is my IFR scaling to a stock 03 z06 injector (which the car has).

My intake duct is a stock 00 corvette duct, picture likely not necessary. Also, is the stock airbox with a K&N drop in filter. MAF is unknown, it could be stock, it could be not. I have noted that already a while back, as I have no way to verify if the MAF readings are correct.

Sorry if I seem to be getting extremely frustrated. But all these posts make this seem so easy, and apparently either there is something wrong with my car, with my computer, or myself. Likely all 3 or just the last...who knows.

N2L,

Ah, I see your calc_pids.txt file in post #22 above...

since your PCM does not have the GM.DYNAIRTMP_DMA pid, I'll construct one for your from your tune file in post #15, give me a couple of hours (takes a few minutes but I can't do it right now)...

the problem is that your PCM does not support that pids (or rather the scantool can't locate that data in your PCM).

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast