Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto VE or Calc VET or Auto Maf?!?!

Your B4001 IFR has a huge kink in it, see attached pic...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B4001.png 
Views:	210 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	13487.

that huge kink is going to make tuning difficult (your injector flow rate does not behave like that at all).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    N2L,

Ah, I see your calc_pids.txt file in post #22 above...

since your PCM does not have the GM.DYNAIRTMP_DMA pid, I'll construct one for your from your tune file in post #15, give me a couple of hours (takes a few minutes but I can't do it right now)...

the problem is that your PCM does not support that pids (or rather the scantool can't locate that data in your PCM).
    Thanks Joe! I actually was doing some googling and it brought me to a post of yours on ls1tech about putting the calc_pids.text into the v7.5 user configuration. I have done that from the one i dumped on my desktop last week, but it looks like I had already done that back on april 14th of this year....probably when I started having this round-about issue

N2L,

Here is calc_pids.txt file to which I added the pid CALC.DAT constructed from table B4901 from your tune file Saf.tun from post #15 above.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What is your measured rail pressure...?

What injectors do you have (flowrate @ what pressure)...?

Car is 2000 Corvette, correct...?

I reread thru the thread, you said the injectors are the stock LS6 28 lb/hr injectors...

ok, do this, goto www.tunefiledepot.com and find a 2002 Corvette Z06/LS6 file and copy all of the injector tables into your tune file.

I tried the calVE deal and couldn't get it to work on my 98 pcm, obviously I must have missed something but there was a certain pid they wanted and I couldn't get it to work. I just stuck with autoVE and autoMAF :shrug: Works for me, my car runs great. Just takes a bit longer to do form what I understand. No biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by picnic_george View Post
    I tried the calVE deal and couldn't get it to work on my 98 pcm, obviously I must have missed something but there was a certain pid they wanted and I couldn't get it to work. I just stuck with autoVE and autoMAF :shrug: Works for me, my car runs great. Just takes a bit longer to do form what I understand. No biggie.
    If you post your tune file and calc_pids.txt file I can make that pid for you (CALC.DAT based on B4901 lookup).

Ok, I will try to post this again, as last time it timed out and lost my text!

My buddy has needed his v2 cable so I could not work on my car for the last 1 1/2 weeks or so.
    I have tried to use the new list, but i still have 2 red x's. Attached are my new tune to upload in which I have corrected my injector tables, all of them to match a 2003 z06 in which these injectors are. Stock rail pressure in which i think it used to read about 58-59 psi or something.
    Which log will this be? a Calc.vet? What other changes to my tune will I need to do in order to make this work?

Thanks for everybody's patience!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PID.PNG 
Views:	151 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	13536  
    Attached Files Attached Files

And my calc_pids.txt is the file on reply #43. Dropped into the user configuration folder of EFI live V7.5

Quote Originally Posted by Nver2loud View Post
    Ok, I will try to post this again, as last time it timed out and lost my text!

My buddy has needed his v2 cable so I could not work on my car for the last 1 1/2 weeks or so.
    I have tried to use the new list, but i still have 2 red x's. Attached are my new tune to upload in which I have corrected my injector tables, all of them to match a 2003 z06 in which these injectors are. Stock rail pressure in which i think it used to read about 58-59 psi or something.
    Which log will this be? a Calc.vet? What other changes to my tune will I need to do in order to make this work?

Thanks for everybody's patience!
    On the PIDs tab do this:

on each pids with a red X thru it, do rightclick->More Info and see which other pid it says it needs, then go and select that pid also;

repeat that until none of your selected pids have red X thru them;

save to file as CALC.VET.pid.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast